Account Manager AV Technology – Sales & Planning
Subscribe to CX E-News
Location: South Wharf
- Permanent role, with flexible work options available
- Supportive team and great culture
- Employer of Choice winner four years in a row
At Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre (MCEC) we do things a little differently. We bring fresh ideas and imagination to every event. We happily turn concepts on their head to make each experience momentous.
We welcome events of all shapes and sizes, from board meetings and small celebrations through to conventions, gala dinners, exhibitions, and concerts. Melbourne is on show at MCEC – in the architecture and design, food and hospitality, AV technology, Customer Service, location, and views.
Our employees are amongst the best in the industry to work with and learn from. We empower them to try new things and stretch their limits, and ours too. We are diverse, inclusive, and collaborative. We celebrate individuality and embrace all our employees as part of the MCEC team.
You will assist customers with the technical quotes from enquiry through to planning of their events, confirming that all their requirements are met.
You will work to ensure technology services provided complies with MCEC service standards and exceeds expectations while working to achieve revenue targets for the overall Commercial department.
About the team
The Sales team are passionate about delivering excellent customer experiences and outcomes, providing MCEC customers with creative solutions that enable them to achieve their event objectives.
You will work in tandem with Sales & Events Executives to plan & handover events to delivery – preparing event orders, floor plans and other written information in detail as required for each allocated event.
There are countless opportunities to learn and make a real impact in shaping our industry’s future. Grow with diverse challenges amongst a friendly and inclusive culture. Take pride in building relationships that matter, because being connected is at the centre of what makes MCEC great!
- Work in tandem with Sales & Events Executives to pick up sales enquiries.
- Prepare, present, and follow up MCEC proposals and Request for Proposal in a timely manner.
- Oversee and support the preparation, presentation and follow up Technology Proposals
- Undertake detailed site inspections of the MCEC with clients, key stakeholders, and industry partners.
- Manage and maintain the data integrity of the CRM and ensure all event information that is input into EBMS is accurate and relevant at point of sale.
- Maintain an intimate understanding of the Technology Operations Department, its offerings, and objectives.
- Stay up to date with industry trends to ensure MCEC is recognised Nationally and Internationally as a technology leader!
- Work in tandem with Sales & Events Executives to plan & handover events to delivery.
- Provide customers with an experience that meets or exceeds their expectations by providing thorough plans and documentation.
- Prepare event orders, floor plans and other written information in detail as required for each allocated event.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of audio visual and lighting applications for a variety of events.
- Experience in technical sales and planning of events
- A successful track record in interpreting and delivering client expectations and needs.
- A high level of verbal and written communication skills to effectively engage customers.
- Must have excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Work efficiently and remain composed in pressure situations.
- Ability to prioritise and effectively manage multiple activities.
- An ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Must be customer service and solutions focused.
- Must be well presented, approachable and able to represent MCEC within industry.
- Experience with CAD programs to create floor plans.
- Experience with Ungerboeck/EBMS
- Experience in AGILE ways of working
Benefits & Culture:
- An iconic venue where no day is the same.
- Friendly and inclusive environment.
- Growth and development are supported and promoted.
- A well-being program and initiatives.
- An Employee Assistance Program (EAP) that is available to employees and their families.
- Cultural diversity is valued and supported.
- Emphasis on learning and career development.
- We offer free breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- 14 weeks paid parental leave.
- Flexible and hybrid work options.
- Purchased leave, healthy days, volunteer days and more.
- Free event tickets & Employee discounts at onsite restaurants, cafes, and parking.
- And so much more…….
To apply, please ensure you include a cover letter and CV Applications must be submitted online. Email applications will not be considered.
A National Police Check will be required for the successful candidate.
Please note: As a public venue, MCEC hosts a diverse range of events each year. However, we acknowledge some events may involve sensitive content that employees might find challenging.
MCET doesn’t always have visibility or control of content at events, conferences, exhibitions, and concerts. As a result, we may not be able to provide notice in all instances where some people may find event content challenging.
MCEC is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community, and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
Acknowledgement of Country
Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre (MCEC) acknowledges the Traditional Owners of Narrm, the Wurundjeri Woi Wurrung people of the Kulin Nation. We pay our respects to their Elders past and present, and to Elders of all First Nations communities.