Name: Kerry Hughes
Location: Milsons Point, Sydney
Captivating memories since 1935, Luna Park’s distinct art and architecture has always played an important role in the guest experience. Fun, diverse, unique and with sweeping views of Sydney’s harbour, the iconic Luna Park canvas has been a sanctuary for many well-known artists.
To assist with current projects, we require a Scenic Artist/Painter to work on the scenic and flat elements throughout the park. You will require the ability to interpret designers’ small-scale ideas and develop them into full-scale reproductions according to the Luna Park style and standards. The role will also include cleaning up of equipment, work areas and disposal of waste.
This is a casual position, with an immediate start and an expected completion date of the end of June 2018. Hours are 8.00am to 4.00pm Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday with the occasional Monday and Friday as required.
To be successful in this role we envisage that you will have comprehensive artistic and scenic skills with the ability to work both individually and as part of a team whilst adhering to deadlines.
Essentially core competencies include:
• An understanding of basic scenic painting techniques, layout and paint application skills and colour mixing
• Fine art skills including sketching, rendering and painting
• Experience with marbling, ragging, wood graining and texturing techniques
• A solid understanding of art history, period styles, motifs and architecture
• The ability to interpret designers small scale ideas and develop them into full scale productions
• Have a demonstrated commitment to safety and awareness of WH&S procedures
If you are a passionate creative artist that would love to leave your stamp on the Luna Park canvas, we would love to hear from you.
To apply, please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com