Audio and Lighting Technician
Subscribe to CX E-News
Name: Human Resources
Phone: 1300 347 652
Location: Artarmon, Sydney NSW
Microhire is looking for motivated and enthusiastic applicants to join as an Audio and Lighting Technician delivering world-class conferences, galas, exhibitions, and events throughout Sydney. This is a full-time position.
Microhire is the leading Australian Event Staging specialist, and we’ve been going strong for almost 30 years. Much like the industries, we supply we’re dynamic, fast-paced, and we empower our team to use their initiative and creative problem-solving skills every day.
As an Audio and Lighting Technician, you will be providing cutting edge technical services for conferences, seminars, gala dinners plus more. To be successful in this role you’ll need to be capable of installing and operating a wide range of audio, vision, event staging, IT and lighting technologies on high profile events.
*Don’t worry if you’re not across all these skill areas. We’d love to teach you!
The ideal candidate will also have highly developed organisational skills, and proven experience leading small teams. Most importantly, they will need to be customer-focused, passionate, and enthusiastic.
- Manage or assist with the set up and configuration of audio-visual equipment for events, conferences, gala dinners etc.
- Conducting troubleshooting of AV equipment and resolving technical issues as they arise
- Provide technical support to clients
- Maintain AV inventory
- A solid understanding of the conferencing or staging industry
- A passion for technology
- Direct experience operating events
- Driven to provide outstanding customer service
- Superior personal presentation
- A valid open driver’s license
- Rigging ticket highly favourable
- EWP (Yellow card or HRWL) highly favourable
You’ll be rewarded for your efforts with an attractive salary, and on the job training.
Please apply online or send us your resume to Human.Resources@microhire.com.au and we’ll let you know if we have something suitable.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must be an Australian citizen/resident or have an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa.
Do you have a current licence to operate an Elevating Work Platform (EWP)?
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
How many years’ experience do you have as an Audio Visual Technician?
How many years’ experience do you have as a Lighting Technician?