Audio Visual Coordinator – Multimedia
Subscribe to CX E-News
Location: South Wharf
- Join the award-winning technology services team at MCEC
- Opportunity to work for an iconic organisation!
- Full-time, permanent role (CBD based)
Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre (MCEC) is the home of unconventional. At MCEC we do things a little differently. We bring fresh ideas and imagination to every event. We happily turn concepts on their head to make each experience momentous.
Our city is our inspiration, located in the vibrant South Wharf precinct, just a stroll along the Yarra River. Melbourne is on show at MCEC – in architecture and design, food and hospitality, AV technology, Customer Service, location, and views.
About the role
The Multimedia Coordinator oversees all operational activities under the Multimedia scope and is responsible for ensuring that all these activities are delivered to expected levels of quality.
When required, they assist the Specialist in advising sales and planning teams in the design of technical services in the Multimedia area. The Multimedia Coordinator will be required at times to provide cover for the Specialist and take on all or some areas of their responsibility.
The role will be a split of office-based tasks and providing technical expertise on the floor. Floor duties may involve assisting and coordinating crew with setting and operating equipment that is within the remit of the discipline, or other duties as required.
- Provide direction to technicians, service managers and coordinators, in the use and operation of equipment.
- Support the specialist in the implementation and maintenance of systems to ensure we align ourselves with industry-standard practices
- Ensure that all equipment is maintained for show ready state and is compliant with the AMAF schedule
- Produce SWMS and other safety documentation for specialist-related activities
- Contribute to the recruitment and upskilling of technicians in line with MCEC needs in the specialised area
- Assist the Specialist in any areas relating to customers that is required
- Construction Card
- EWP license
- Applicable high risk work license’s
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the disciplines of digital technologies, specifically:
- Operations of a professional broadcast or digital events company
- Specialised understanding of live streaming technologies, including online webcasting and simulcasting
- Understanding and experience with digital event platforms, streaming services and online content management platforms
- High level of knowledge of vision mixers and professional broadcast equipment
- Content delivery methodology and systems including implementation
- Understanding of video standards
- Understanding of network protocols and experience with networking and IT solutions
- Proven capability in leading technical teams
- Be comfortable working at heights
For more information regarding the key accountabilities for this position, please refer to the Position Description (attached).
Benefits & Culture:
- An iconic venue where no day is the same.
- Friendly and inclusive environment.
- Growth and development are supported and promoted.
- A well-being program and initiatives.
- An Employee Assistance Program (EAP) that is available to employees and their families.
- Cultural diversity is valued and supported.
- Emphasis on learning and career development.
- We offer free breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- 14 weeks paid parental leave.
- Flexible and hybrid work options.
- Purchased leave, healthy days, volunteer days and more.
- Free event tickets & Employee discounts at onsite restaurants, cafes, and parking.
- And so much more…….
To apply, please ensure you include a cover letter and CV Applications must be submitted online. Email applications will not be considered.
A National Police Check will be required for the successful candidate.
Please note: As a public venue, MCEC hosts a diverse range of events each year. However we acknowledge some events may involve sensitive content that employees might find challenging.
MCET doesn’t always have visibility or control of content at events, conferences, exhibitions and concerts. As a result, we may not be able to provide notice in all instances where some people may find event content challenging.
MCEC is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community, and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
Acknowledgement of Country
Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre (MCEC) acknowledges the Traditional Owners of Narrm, the Wurundjeri Woi Wurrung people of the Kulin Nation. We pay our respects to their Elders past and present, and to Elders of all First Nations communities.