Audio Visual/Learning Space Technology Architect
Subscribe to CX E-News
Name: Kevin Knox, Manager, Learning Space Technology
Phone: +61 436 683 284
Location: Canberra ACT
Title: Audio Visual/Learning Space Technology Architect
Division: Information Technology Services
Classification: ANU Officer 8 (Information Technology)
Salary package: Competitive remuneration package including 17% Superannuation
Term: Full Time, Continuing
Position Description & Selection Criteria: PD – ANUO8 – Audio Visual Learning Space Technology Architect.pdf
Location: Canberra (opportunity for flexible working arrangements)
Closing Date: 11 October 2023
- Friendly and collaborative work environment
- Generous leave entitlements
- Challenging and rewarding role
About the Role
The Audio Visual/Learning Space Technology (AV/LST) Architect reports to the Manager of Learning Space Technology (LST), providing expert guidance, mentoring, and quality assurance, ensuring a coordinated and consistent approach to designing and implementing an AV/LST enterprise solution. The AV/LST Architect works seamlessly with cross-functional areas across the University to identify and understand requirements; develop, design, and inform optimised AV architecture solutions; and effectively communicate and present solutions to stakeholders.
Day-to-day activities include:
- Provide on-site technical supervision and support for the setup, operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of Audio-Visual/Learning Space Technology equipment and systems.
- Enhance AV/LST solutions by reviewing user requirements, defining test conditions, and conducting rigorous testing.
- Efficient investigation and resolving incidents and issues on-site relating to AV/LST systems and services, alongside performing regular maintenance and repairs to ensure the reliability of AV/LST systems.
- Ensure that AV/LST equipment functions properly during events, presentations, or installations to fulfil their AV/LST needs, actively managing AV/LST equipment during events or presentations and swiftly addressing technical problems by offering immediate solutions.
- Act as a technical subject matter expert, providing expert guidance, mentoring, and quality assurance impacting AV/LST systems and with colleagues and stakeholders.
ANU is home to some of the most remarkable people from across the world: visionaries, influential leaders, researchers and advocates creating impact and change nationally, regionally and globally.
ANU attracts exceptional staff and students and, through education and enrichment programs, helps them to achieve ambitious goals, and pursue brilliant careers. Ranked in the top 30 universities globally, the first Australian university to be recognised in this elite tier, ANU continues to be an academic resource for the whole of Australia.
About ITS: Information Technology Services (ITS) delivers digital solutions that enable the Australian National University to achieve its strategic goals: a student experience equal to the world’s best, and research that transforms society and creates national capability. ITS has responsibility for the University’s digital ecosystem and is leading the delivery of the Digital Master Plan, a 10-year strategic roadmap for the transformation of the University’s digital capability.
Digital Transformation: We have released our ANU 2025 Strategy, and our Digital Master Plan, which will see ANU embark on the biggest digital transformation in our history. A transformation that matches our national and global mission. Our digital future will transform the experience of ANU for our students, researchers, academics, professional staff and the wider community and we are seeking great people to be a part of this history making journey. Click here to learn more.
While the position description sets out selection criteria, all of this is not required. We are open to hearing from you if you have:
- A strong technical background and expertise in AV/LST equipment, including knowledge of audio and video systems, cabling, signal processing, and control systems.
- Proven comprehensive grasp of AV/LST/Network Standards, frameworks, policies, and procedural standards and a leadership role in developing, contributing to, and managing a repository of AV/IT solutions alongside their foundational architectural standards.
- Proven record in meeting deadlines through the implementation of agile methodology and successfully managing multiple AV/LST spaces simultaneously within a large and complex organisation.
- Accreditation in enterprise-level AV/LST/Network systems, including essential certifications such as Infocomm, CTS, and Crestron Digital Media Certification – Design is advantageous with the ability to build long standing relationships with customers.
What we can offer you
Our staff enjoy some amazing employee benefits including:
- ANU offers competitive remuneration packages including 17% superannuation and regular increases.
- We support flexible, hybrid working arrangements, with access to our beautiful, green campus and working remotely.
- We value your work life balance, with standard 7-hour work days, paid December shut-down period, purchase leave, cultural leave, part-time and job-sharing opportunities, compressed working weeks, and flexible times of work.
- We offer discounted study, with 75% off ANU courses for staff and 25% for your spouse and children (see eligibility).
- We have many professional development initiatives including training, mentoring & upskilling opportunities.
- We are one of the leading employers in Australia for parental leave entitlements. We offer generous paid parental leave entitlements for up to 32 weeks.
- We have on-site Gyms with staff discounts as well as oval spaces and ANU sports clubs.
- We are a family friendly campus with access to childcare facilities, designated parent rooms and quiet spaces.
- ANU offers salary sacrificing benefits including laptops, childcare, novated car leasing, additional superannuation, and more!
- We offer affordable onsite parking from $34 / fortnight with salary sacrificing options.
- ANU has a supporting, challenging and motivating culture.
- We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all backgrounds and identities.
- We care about your wellbeing, with access to additional leave, the Employee Assistance Program, vaccinations and health insurance plan options.
ANU is committed to workforce diversity, creating an inclusive workplace, and providing equal employment opportunities to people with diverse backgrounds and identities. As part of this commitment, we welcome applications from all diversity groups. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with disability and people who identify as LGBTQIA+ are particularly encouraged to apply. Click here to learn more.
Our Vision: Support the development of national unity and identity, improve our understanding of ourselves and our neighbours, provide our nation with research capacity amongst the best in the world, and education in areas vital for our future is our mission.
Our Values: Excellence, Original Thinking, Integrity, Respect, Inclusivity, Diversity
How to Apply:
To apply for this role please ensure that your submission includes the following documents:
- A cover letter addressing your suitability for the role in no more than 2 pages (for reference, see the position description & selection criteria).
- A current resume
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Please note: The successful candidate must have rights to live and work in Australia and will be required to undergo a background check during the recruitment process. An offer of employment is conditional on satisfactory results.