Audio-Visual Service Engineer
Name: Ruben Brumby
Location: Glenorchy, Tasmania
Aegres Art Group occupies an enviable position in the AV market. Operating out of beautiful Hobart, we are a high-quality technical projects company specialising in AV integration, high-end audio, arts and entertainment technologies and specialist projects.
Working very closely with MONA and supporting clients throughout Australia, no two projects present the same challenge or rewards.
The role of Audio-Visual Service Engineer is our cornerstone role for AV fault diagnosis, systems preventative maintenance and customer support. Working with a wide range of technologies and diverse customer installations, the Audio-Visual Service Engineer is responsible for keeping our client systems functional, our clients themselves supported and providing a crucial role in the integration from project to service.
The incumbent must have an excellent knowledge of high-end Audio-Visual and lighting control systems and the electronics expertise to fault-find, resolve and repair them. Possessing incredible customer service and the skills to exceed client expectations, this is a very forward-facing role working in a dynamic, challenging and exciting environment.
Key activities of the role include responding to reported faults in client AV, PA and lighting systems, providing repairs and solutions to equipment failures and leading the preventative maintenance activities to ensure quality and reliability. It is also an important bridge between project completion and operations.
The Audio-Visual Service Engineer must be an excellent communicator and team player, value quality and customer service and be comfortable in a dynamic AV-tech environment supporting a diverse range of clients.
The role is primarily accountable for providing response, repairs and preventative maintenance for AV systems and following through with high-quality outcomes for the client and company. It is also an important team role in the delivery of projects and operations.
- Undertake the day-to-day response to logged faults regarding audio systems, integrated AV and lighting control systems and client technologies.
- Perform diagnosis, resolution and reporting of logged faults to meet client requirements.
- Plan and undertake preventative maintenance of technology systems to create the highest level of reliability and quality for clients.
- Undertake workshop repairs of equipment and/or manage the warranty or outsourced repairs as necessary.
- The ability to respond to client call-outs, perform remote support out of hours and be part of an on-call roster is a requirement of this role.
- Undertake small art-based electronics projects; inventing, innovating and developing unique solutions to unique challenges.
- Participate with project teams providing commissioning and handover to the client and moving seamlessly to client support.
- Work with project teams providing technical advice, support and solutions.
- Maintain accurate records of preventative maintenance, equipment repair, spare inventories and fault reports to support a full-service history for clients and the company.
- Provide service reports and other info to support expense management, client billing and maintenance contracts.
- Deliver timely and accurate reporting of works using all necessary task and information management systems.
- Manage remote monitoring software for faults analysis and rectification
- Support safe operations through the contribution to SWMS, JSA and hazard management plans, working to safety processes and in accordance with health & safety management policies
- Maintain current knowledge of technologies, trends, processes and the skills to support collaboration within Aegres and for its clients.
- Embrace creativity and innovation. Think outside the box to support unique solutions to unique problems.
- A passionate audio and AV system professional with service experience in high-end Audio-Visual, lighting control systems and general technologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the service of electronic equipment plus an ability to design and develop electronic circuitry for small projects. A qualification in electronics would be highly regarded.
- Some experience in programming and configuration of audio DSP equipment desirable
- Experience with networking, switching and wi-fi including (UDP, TCP), routing protocols, VLANs, multicast, authentication, ACLs, ports, and firewalls would be highly regarded
- Experience with Crestron, Extron, AMX, Cisco, QSC, Dynalite desirable with documented vendor training history
- Ability to interpret schematic diagrams and provide documentation support via as-built markups etc.
- Advanced computer skills and competency in the use of Word, Excel, Mail, Project, and tasking software.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills with the ability to partner with clients in order to deliver the best outcomes for them.
- Excellent self-management skills and the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- A strong team player with an ability to collaborate with technical and non-technical staff.
- A practical understanding of health and safety and site safety practices and hold, or be willing to hold, a Construction Induction card (White Card).
- Due to the need to attend client call-outs across multiple locations, a current driving license is a requirement of this role.
Does this sound like you? Let us know you are interested by submitting an application via https://mona.net.au/connect/employment
Applications close Sunday 26 December