Audio Visual Supervisor
Subscribe to CX E-News
Name: Hayley Paris
Location: Sydney, NSW
Job Status: Full-Time, On-going
Salary: Base salary of $107,492 per annum, plus 10.5% superannuation contributions
Position No: SOH2086
Applications Close: 11:59pm, Wednesday 25th January 2023
Role Enquiries: Hayley Paris at firstname.lastname@example.org
Technical Enquiries: Jobs NSW Helpdesk on 1800 562 679
An organisation where diversity of thought & experience is valued, supported & respected.
The Sydney Opera House is the place to discover the best of performing arts and culture.
From musicals to comedies, ARIA Award-winners and symphonies to sundowners and talks, backstage tours and puppet shows. It’s all waiting for you!
When you join our team, you will be surrounded by supportive and hardworking people who are passionate about the work they do and the iconic building they work in.
You will be inspired to create value in everything you do and provided with opportunities to grow and achieve while making a positive contribution to our community.
Our vision for diversity, inclusion and belonging is that the Sydney Opera House – who we are and everything we do – reflects and respects the diversity of the community.
For more information about the Sydney Opera House, please refer to our website.
YOUR NEW ROLE
An Audio-Visual Supervisor is responsible for leading, supervising and developing technical teams to deliver outstanding Audio-Visual production for the diverse range of performances and events that are held at the Sydney Opera House.
An Audio-Visual Supervisor leads, mentors and supports fellow team members, ensuring production compliance with appropriate policies and procedures.
This position delivers relevant technical standards and works collaboratively within the production team to ensure the smooth and effective delivery of services, including contributing to the rostering and charging of staff and equipment to meet business demands and EA requirements.
For more information about each role, please refer to the role description.
ARE YOU THE ONE?
We are looking for someone with:
- Comprehensive skills and experience (minimum 5 years) in live the theatre/entertainment industry.
- A high level of technical expertise, comprehensive skills and experience in all aspects of audio-visual systems operation, with a focus on live events and theatre.
- A demonstrated high level of supervisory skills, including a demonstrated track record of event delivery and a thorough knowledge of supervisory responsibilities under WHS.
- Great communication, team building, and interpersonal skills.
- Great organisational, analytical and decision-making skills.
- An ability to work efficiently under pressure and prioritise work.
- Numerical ability and lateral thinking.
- Physical fitness, agility and ability to work at heights, good hearing and vision.
- Flexibility and commitment to continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of computer related technologies, including design tools and networking protocols.
- The capability to modifying content and presentations for live events.
- Experience in live content and camera switching.
BENEFITS & CULTURE
Being Australia’s premier cultural institution, tourism destination & a celebrated community meeting place, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and dynamic working environment for all our staff. With values of Safety, Creativity, Excellence, Collaboration & Accountability your professional life is provided with every opportunity to succeed and develop in your chosen profession.
Working with the Sydney Opera House gives you access to a great range of benefits including:
- Five weeks annual leave.
- Access to a range of internal and external professional development programs and staff engagement initiatives.
- Involvement in staff community groups like SOH Pride, First Nations Staff Network, Sustainable Environmental Action Leaders and more.
- Fitness Passport & complimentary wellbeing programs including Pilates, yoga, circuit classes, physiotherapy sessions as well as other wellbeing initiatives.
- Working for an organisation with a 5 Star Green Star Performance Rating from the Green Building Council of Australia and who has committed to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
- And much more!
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU? APPLY!
Applicants are asked to please create a profile at https://iworkfor.nsw.gov.au/ and include the following documents with their applications:
- An up-to-date resume (of no more than five pages).
- A cover letter, addressing suitability for the role (of no more than one page).
In addition, applicants will be prompted to answer the following two targeted questions in the online application platform:
- Describe 3 attributes of leading teams that you consider important to ensure successful event delivery.
- Outline your experience in planning, delivering and running the audio-visual systems for a large-scale production or event including a brief overview of technology used, design process and the team that you led.
Please note, only applicants who apply online and include the requested documentation will be considered for this position, unless otherwise discussed.
We welcome and encourage applications from First Nations people, recognising the value, unique skills and knowledge that First Nations employees bring to the workplace.
We encourage applications from people of all genders, as well as people from one or more of these underrepresented groups/communities, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and people who identify as LGBTIQ+.
To ensure you have the best opportunity to be considered, if you require any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process, please advise us at email@example.com or by calling 02 9250 7743.
Applications will not be accepted from recruitment agencies.