Audio Visual Support Technician (Band 5)
Subscribe to CX E-News
Name: Matt Osmond
Phone: 02 5126 4040
Location: Canberra ACT
$95,010 – $102,927 + 15.4% Superannuation
Did you know?
The mission of the Australian Federal Police is to provide dynamic and effective law enforcement to the people of Australia. It provides policing throughout Australia in relation to the prevention and detection of crimes against the Commonwealth, its laws and integrity, and community police services to the Community of the ACT.
Working for the AFP provides you with a diverse and rewarding career. Whether you immerse yourself in a position on the frontline, or provide critical operational or professional support, the work you do makes a big impact on the people of Australia.
We recognise your contribution to our workforce and offer generous remuneration and conditions including:
- Six weeks (30 days) of paid annual leave per year + additional paid Christmas stand down
- 4 extra mandatory leave rest days per year
- 18 days of paid personal leave per year
- Generous superannuation of 15.4%
- 16 weeks of paid maternity leave (after 12 months of service) + an additional 36 weeks of maternity leave without pay
- Generous salaries and incremental salary progression governed by the AFP Enterprise Agreement
- Flexible and hybrid working arrangement that provides work/life balance
- Access to ongoing training and professional development opportunities
What is the role?
Applications are sought from suitable applicants wishing to be considered for the role of Audio-Visual Technician – Unified Communications Team – Chief Information Officer Command.
Chief Information Officer Command (CIO) provides critical standalone and integrated audio-visual solutions in operational and corporate facilities. The Audio-Visual Support Technician will assist CIO in maintaining the AFP’s audio-visual environment. The position requires a combination of technical knowledge and relationship skills as it will be the technicians responsible to efficiently support day-to-day audio-visual operations.
As a Team Member in the AFP you will be required to contribute to the achievement of outcomes in accordance with regulatory frameworks, the AFP Code of Conduct and the AFP Governance Instruments. It is expected that the successful applicant will deliver on the core responsibilities and meet any requirements of the position as outlined below.
What will you do?
The Unified Communications Team is seeking an Audio-Visual Support Technician to provide first line support and technical assistance to the AFP’s audio-visual environments. Considered planning, service improvement, incident response and ongoing BAU support will form part of the technician’s role. The successful candidate will have:
- A very keen interest in Audio-Visual systems and workplace collaboration technologies
- Excellent customer service skills to work with both internal customers and external vendors.
- Provide on-site or remote client support & troubleshooting.
- Ability to adapt to varying situations and remain focused, friendly, and calm when dealing with customers.
- Willingness to work flexible hours as required.
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
- Effective communication and problem-solving skills.
Please note this advertisement is for a Band 5 position. The AFP are also currently recruiting a Band 6 Audio Visual Support Technician which you can find here. We welcome you to apply to one or both positions.
- You must be an Australian Citizen at the time of application.
- A Negative Vetting 1 security clearance or the ability to obtain one.
- Industry Certification in audio-visual systems or demonstrated experience.
- Knowledge and technical skills in audio visual system management, including practical experience (or an ability to adapt to) in some/many of the following technologies:
- Experience with AV Systems and Hardware.
- Experience with IPTV Systems.
- Experience with unified communication and video conferencing equipment.
- Sound fault finding methodology.
- Understanding of basic networking.
- Understanding of audio-visual management systems.
- Project delivery support experience.
- Experience delivering audio visual services to an organisation will be highly regarded.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication, including the ability to communicate clearly, consult, negotiate, and liaise with colleagues and clients.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- This position is an AFP Band 5 level
- AFP employees are required to have received a minimum of two COVID-19 vaccinations (or one dose if the Janssen vaccine was used). Satisfactory proof of vaccination status will be required at the time an offer of employment is made. Please contact the Recruitment Team if you wish to discuss the COVID-19 vaccine requirements further.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity and inclusion is an operational priority for the Australian Federal Police (AFP). To be an effective police force, we must be reflective of the community we serve, working across languages, cultures and transnational borders. The 2023-26 Diversity & Inclusion Strategy is the guiding framework for delivering the AFP’s diversity and inclusion goals and reflecting our commitment to being an employer of choice, incorporating diversity and inclusion principles in day-to-day practice and building a psychologically and culturally safe workplace. This includes hiring people from diverse backgrounds who bring their lived experience to contribute, and add value, to the AFP. Find out more about how the AFP embraces diversity and inclusion.
Applications Close: 11:59pm (AEST) 21/08/2023