Audio Visual Technician / Installer
Name: Pro Av Solutions
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Pro Av Solutions is a fast growing, progressive, Audio Visual Integration Specialist based in Clayton, Victoria. We are extremely passionate about AV Technology and take pride in the quality of our works and customer service. We design and deliver high end technology solutions for organisations Australia wide.
Currently we have a position available for an experienced Audio Visual Installer to meet the requirements of our fast growing business.
This is a full time, permanent position that requires experience in the field of audio visual integration primarily within the commercial and education sectors.
Your job will be to ensure efficient and successful delivery of projects that adhere to client requirements, company policies, procedures, standards and expectations.
The ideal candidate will have; a ‘can-do’ positive attitude, a good knowledge of audio visual systems and components, strong leadership and communication skills, ability to manage and communicate effectively with stakeholders, and drive successful outcomes on all managed projects.
Our work environment is friendly, professional and easy going. We are looking for someone who will fit into the culture, is reliable, hardworking and pro-active.
The role entails:
- daily communication with the assigned Project Manager or Site Foreman for site tasks updates and risks, issues and opportunities
- on-site management of projects reporting to the Project Manager
- mentoring and directing installers in day to day project tasks
- advising Project Manager or company Management on any client issues
- completion of all necessary paperwork and documentation in line with systems and procedures as dictated by management / directors to ensure the accurate capturing/ recording of information.
- assist to other teams within Pro AV as required for tasks such as; installation scope of works creation, site surveys, service calls, etc
- rough in of cables, terminate cables, fit off brackets, hardware fit off, install/terminate racks
- hands on approach to helping deliver projects to ensure high client satisfaction, including installations, commissioning, programming and training / mentoring where necessary
- proactive reporting and monitoring of installation consumables – including items removed from or taken back to the warehouse
- assistance with service issues including assisting clients over the phone, remote diagnostics, site visits where necessary and assistance to service engineers
- 2+ Years’ Experience within the AV industry as an installer on commercial sites including commercial building sites.
- White Card (Construction)
- Working with Children Check
- AVIXA AV Essentials – desirable
- Demonstrated ability to lead small teams of installers
- Strong verbal communication skills and client engagement skills
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Computer literate
- Demonstrated ability to show initiative and be well presented
- Current Drivers Licence
- Experience in commercial audio visual technology integration as a Lead Technician and/or Project Manager managing or leading projects of all sizes on both commercial construction and client managed sites
- IT systems knowledge and experience
- Excellent people management skills and client relationship skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What you can expect:
- A competitive remuneration package
- All tools and resources needed for successful delivery of projects
- To be working within a passionate, innovative and supportive team
- Excellent prospects as the company grows.
This role is available immediately please respond by clicking on “apply” below.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver’s licence?
- Do you hold a Construction Induction Safety certificate (White Card)?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of OH&S/WHS?