AV & IT Technician
Name: Thomas Rapley
Location: Melbourne Central City
AV Technician – Melbourne
Who we are:
At VIQ, we offer more than just a transcript. Our work affects the lives of people in our community and plays a critical role in our justice system. We have worked on some of the biggest cases in Australian history. By joining us, you too will bear witness to real-time justice as it happens.
This is the perfect time to become part of our team.
- New leadership
- New ways of working
- Open-door policy that welcomes ideas
- Innovative, fun and dynamic work environment
We are currently seeking applications for an AV Technician in our Melbourne Division.
This position is responsible for the support and maintenance of installed audio-visual and recording systems, providing professional, customer-focussed and timely technical support to all internal and external customers. In addition, providing Level 1 and 2 IT support, developing strong knowledge of internal systems and audio recording solutions.
- Provide first class customer service, through active management of incidents and support in relation to installed AV systems.
- Assessing audio recordings to identify and diagnose potential issues.
- Provide first and second level IT support.
- Maintaining, operating, support and asset management of Audio Visual, Recording and Conferencing equipment, including:
- Digital audio recorders
- Audio mixers
- DSP processors
- Associated cabling
- Video Conferencing
- Provide quotes, coordinate repair and maintenance of installed AV and recording systems as required.
- Other duties as required by the manager.
- Qualifications or equivalent experience in audio technology and IT disciplines
- A team player, with strong customer service skills and the ability to manage relationships with a broad range of clients.
- Strong problem solving, communication and reporting skills.
- Experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting audio-visual systems.
- Thorough understanding of digital and analogue audio mixers, processors and audio formats.
- Understanding of IT helpdesk systems
- Excellent time management, planning and organisational skills
- Experienced in Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
- Highly reliable, with willingness to travel on occasions
- Driver’s license
At VIQ, we have a collaborative working environment and a supportive team. Due to the nature of our work, employees are required to complete a National Police Check.
If this exciting opportunity sounds like your next career move, we want to hear from you. Please apply with your cover letter and resume. Send to email@example.com