AV Production Manager
Subscribe to CX E-News
Name: Maria Murphy
Location: Gold Coast
AV Production Manager
At the Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Centre (GCCEC), we are committed to providing an excellent experience for every person who visits our venue. Join Australia’s best business event venue and become part of our world-class team that creates memorable experiences as it delivers some of Australia’s most exciting events.
Our AV team enjoys the benefits of working from one location (no more travel)! FREE carparking in the heart of Broadbeach and discounted lunches at our onsite cafeteria.
The AV Production Manager will report to the AV Technical Manager and will be responsible for the timely planning and project management of live events. AV knowledge and project management skills will be well utilised in this hands-on leadership role, as well as organisational, communication and interpersonal skills.
YOU ARE ONLY LMITED BY YOUR IMAGINATION!
Specific responsibilities will include, but is not limited to:
- Working with Technical Event Managers to design, manage and deliver live events
- Managing and maintaining venue AV infrastructure
- Managing technician briefings
- Producing technical floor plans, systems schematics and production schedules
- Managing cross hires
- Providing leadership, direction, and training to technicians
- Managing the efficient utilization of AV inventory
Key selection criteria includes:
- Solid AV industry experience in a leadership role;
- Extensive experience in the design and delivery of large events;
- Proven project management and organisational skills with respect to event planning;
- Thorough understanding of all AV production systems and AV Services (audio, lighting and vision);
- Proven CAD capabilities and the use of or experience with R2 software or similar;
- Ability to understand and recommend solutions for technical troubleshooting;
- Experience working with production rigging, qualification preferred;
- The ability to work a range of shifts, including days, nights and weekends; and
- Excellent presentation, enthusiasm and a “can do” attitude – self motivation is essential.
Due to the nature of this role, overtime may be required which creates a generous TOIL /payment entitlement to ensure work/life balance.
GCCEC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, offering a wide range of employee benefits including free undercover parking, an onsite team member café, access to an employee assistance program, health and wellbeing programs, laundered uniforms, training and development and much more.
Applications for this role will be accepted until 22 July 2023
To apply, please visit our Careers website and upload your cover letter and resume at https://www.gccec.com.au/careers.html