Broadcast IP Workflow Engineer
Name: D2N- Technology Solutions
Location: Sydney, NSW
About the Role
If you are a highly motivated and IP centric individual with experience in the Broadcast, Production or Events business; D2N – Technology Solutions has an opportunity that could be perfect for you!
Initially, as a part-time role (approx 16 hours per week) but may change in the future to full-time. Work from home, flexible hours, potential for travel in the future.
We are seeking an IP workflow engineer to support our sales team and existing customers with the range of IP video and audio solutions we deliver. From a sales perspective you would be expected to support the sales team with technology liaison with our customers so we can fully understand their requirements and be able to offer a fit for purpose solution. This could include site visits, conference calls, responding to tenders, and system demonstrations. For our existing customers you would be the first line of support for their existing equipment and systems.
Specifically, you would need to be able to support, SMPTE 2110, NDI, RTMP, SRT, Dante, MADI, SDI and all the other current baseband and IP platforms. You must be comfortable with the time sensitive expectation of these types of customers and the products we deliver.
Some of the brands you would need to be familiar with are; Kiloview, TVU Networks, Simply Live, AIDA Imaging, Sienna NDI, and Riedel Communications.
You will be very organised with a can-do attitude. Are self-driven and open minded about how we engage with our potential customers and partners.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Support the sales team with in-depth product knowledge and where required equipment demonstrations
- Support our existing customer base with product and system support
- Be proactive in researching new technology products to support the business
- Liaise with partners to ensure firmware, feature sets and product knowledge is always current
Minimum Criteria required:
- 5 years experience in the broadcast, production or events industries supporting IP based workflows.
- A creative, innovative personality that is always thinking outside the box
- Flexible, organised and able to manage timelines efficiently with exceptional project management skills
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent personal presentation and professional attitude
- Specifically, we need someone who understands the brands, the culture and the key players in that space.
About D2N – Technology Solutions
We are a technology driven solutions company that provides audio, video and communications solutions to a number of industries including;
- Broadcast, Live Production and Theatre
- Sporting Teams and Federations
- Pubs, Clubs and Stadiums
- Houses of Worship
- Government, Defence and Education
- Construction, Retail and Shopping Centres
We are a small family-owned business who are very passionate about delivering fit for purpose technology solutions to our customers. With offices in Sydney, Gold Coast and Canberra we are building the team for our next phase of growth.
Every day is different for us, we have some of the best brands in the world to support our business and love engaging with the broader community with technology.
The hourly rate on offer ranges between $60-90 per hour depending on your experience and suitability for the role.
If you think this is the perfect role for you, please send your resume and covering letter clearly detailing your connection or experience to the broadcast, production and events industry, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Sunday 13th June 2021 with the aim of starting the position from July 1st.