Building Technology Consultant (Audio Visual)
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Just imagine your future with us…
Aurecon is committed to creating an inclusive culture that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion – and we provide our people with flexible working opportunities.
We believe diverse teams enable us to solve our clients’ and society’s most complex problems in unconventional and distinctive ways. We offer flexible working as it enables all of our employees to balance work and life in way that works for them.
Aurecon is an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality, as awarded by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (Australia), and are a founding member of The Diversity Agenda in New Zealand. We also have a Reconciliation Action Plan and hold Silver Employer status in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI+ inclusion. Across our company, inclusive leadership is role modelled from the top and is an expectation of all.
Our flexible way of working includes our flexible start and finish times, working from home, part time and job share options. Aurecon also offers 14 weeks paid parental leave, three weeks paid partner leave, and other health services and benefits.
If this is how you would like to work you’d be a good fit, we’d love to hear from you. We welcome people of all identities from all background and with diverse accessibility needs. We’re curious about your career path and how we can support you to be your best.
Aurecon are currently seeking a Mid-level Building Technology Consultant (Audio Visual) with strong experience in the Building Services sector to join our Built Environment team, based in our Melbourne office, Docklands.
The ability to act in a technical design capacity and work alongside a technically astute, multidisciplinary team will be paramount within this role.
Here are the key things you will do to ‘bring ideas to life’
- Work with our clients across different types and sizes of projects to assess their AV technology needs and provide design advise as required.
- Present solutions and deign packages to clients and project teams.
- Develop full design documentations including return briefs, schematics, layouts, specifications, and bill of material.
- Work with internal and external building services teams and architects for AV services coordination.
- Support with the project tendering requirements, issue tender packages, and review contractors’ submissions.
- Support on project during construction phase and conduct testing and defects inspections
What we are looking for:
- Strong client-facing experience, both externally & internally, including project management and delivery expertise
- Strong project leadership experience
- Proficient in various Audio-Visual systems design and project management.
- Proficient in MS Office, AutoCAD, Visio.
- Experience in Revit would be highly desirable
- Industry experience in sporting and entertainment venues, education, health care, commercial, defence, and government
- Strong relationship with local suppliers and contractors
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Keen sense of maintaining high standards, coupled with creativity in developing engineering solutions
- CTS certification would be high regarded.
- Knowledge of Digital Infrastructure design (Structured Cabling Systems, In Building Communications Systems, outside plant and WAN connectivity)
- Knowledge of Smart Buildings and Integrated Technology Systems
We value the difference each team member brings and we look for people who have had a broad range of experiences and a growth and learning mindset.
We’ve re-imagined engineering.
Aurecon is an international engineering, design and advisory company, but not as you know it!
Drawing on our deep pool of expertise, we co-create innovative solutions with our clients to some of the world’s most complex challenges.
We listen deeply and intently, which helps us see opportunities, possibilities and potential others can’t.
Think engineering. Think again.
Want to know more?
You can learn more about what it’s like to work at Aurecon by visiting the careers section of our website.
If you are intrigued or excited by what you have read, then we want to hear from you. Apply now!