Casual Technicians – Events & Theatre
Name: Anthony Whittaker
Location: Brisbane, QLD
The Technical team are responsible for providing superior customer service in delivering QUT’s audio-visual services to internal and external clients, with a focus on providing solutions to achieve clients desired outcomes.
Casual Technicians are responsible for onsite support and delivery of event production and technical requirements for events, meetings, conferences and theatre productions. Weekend and after-hours work will be required in this role on a needs basis to deliver onsite events.
Specific accountabilities for this role include:
- Work with the Technical Coordinator to ensure the deliver a high-quality customer experience within QUT’s venues and event spaces
- Operate stage lighting, audio and video systems, as well as theatre staging equipment (Orchestra Pit, Motorised and manual flying systems) in venues.
- Set up temporary event, theatre and audio-visual systems in support of functions
- Support in the installation and maintenance of event, theatre and AV systems as required
- Support Technical team to diagnose equipment and system faults and undertake repairs where possible
- Cooperate with all health and safety policies and procedures of the university and take all reasonable care to ensure that your actions or omissions do not impact on the health and safety of yourself or others.
Skills and Experience
- Relevant experience in audio visual technologies or equivalent competency gained through a combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience in the operations, maintenance and installation of theatre and audio-visual systems
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectivity with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- An understanding of and commitment to QUT’s aims, objectives and values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines.
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training
If you are interested please send your Cover letter outlining your skills and ability and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org