Subscribe to CX E-News
Name: Mackay Regional Council
Location: Mackay, QLD
The Mackay Entertainment & Convention Centre is seeking skilled casual event staff to work within our technical services team. The position offers varied training opportunities and the opportunity to work in a multi award winning state of the art venue. This challenging position will include event venue supervision responsibilities, technical maintenance and will assist with the delivery of lighting, staging, audio and audio / visual technical services for the Convention Precinct & Events Program.
In this role you will have the opportunity to:
- Work as part of a high performing team with great culture on a wide range of productions and events including many major performing arts companies and promoters
- Learn and harness new skills under the supervision of experiences and qualified heads of department
We are looking for team members who:
- Can assist with the setup and adjustment of basic lighting, audio, staging and/or other technical equipment and procedures
- Assist with bump in and bump out of theatrical productions and functions
- Work with clients to deliver the requirements of their events
- Venue supervisor duties as required – full training provided on site
- Prior technical experience in the theatre, hospitality industry or events will come highly regarded.
For more information on the role please review the key selection criteria can be found on the Position Description, available to be downloaded from the vacancy on Council’s website.
Essential Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- QLD “C” Class Drivers Licence or interstate equivalent.
- Blue Card – It is an essential requirement for this position to hold a Working with Children Blue Card. Under Queensland legislation, you must hold the Blue Card prior to commencing employment – No Card, No Start policy. If you currently do not hold a Blue Card, we recommend you commence the application process when you apply for the position. For more information please refer to the following website: https://www.qld.gov.au/law/laws-regulated-industries-and-accountability/queensland-laws-and-regulations/regulated-industries-and-licensing/blue-card/applications/apply
Candidates who hold Chief Fire Warden, Current First Aid & CPR, Electrical Test & Tag Licence or EWP RII Qualifications will be highly regarded however essential.
In return, you will join a dynamic and collaborative team as well as benefiting from:
- The chance to work with a high performing and dynamic team
- Base hourly rate $25.02 plus applicable casual loadings
- 10.5% superannuation
- Learning and development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee health and wellbeing initiatives
- Active Social Clubs
Interested in joining the team?
For us to assess if you’re the one we are searching for, it is mandatory that you submit your cover letter outlining your experience for the role and an up to date resume.
For the position description, selection criteria and further information on how to apply, visit: https://vacancies.mackay.qld.gov.au/MRC_ER/VacancyDetails.aspx?vdtnumber=3835
Advertising closes: 04th May 2023
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, where all applicants are treated with fairness and respect and have equal access to all opportunities available. At Mackay Regional Council, diversity is about creating a respectful and inclusive workplace that recognises the unique contributions and perspectives of our employees, working together to deliver extraordinary results.