Casual Theatre Technicians
Name: Andrew Hudson
Phone: 02 9231 9030
Location: Sydney CBD
City Recital Hall Limited is a not-for-profit company which manages the City Recital Hall venue as well as producing and presenting an entrepreneurial program of performances annually.
Positions are currently available for experienced casual Theatre Technicians to join our team working in the Technical Services Department to deliver the technical activities for concerts and events to an international standard, and at the highest level of customer service. The technical team comprises a small number of permanent, seasonal and casual staff who must be multi-disciplined and work collectively to deliver the event. Professional experience in Audio, Lighting and or Staging is a prerequisite for these positions.
• Installing, rigging and focusing of lighting, sound, AV, and staging equipment in the auditorium and the foyers
• Assisting visiting technical crews and companies with bump in/out within the venue
• Operating lighting, sound and AV for a variety of performance types including corporate presentations, orchestra and chamber recitals and contemporary music
• Undertake the safe and efficient management/maintenance/repair of stage lighting, audio, staging and audio visual equipment
• Clearly and effectively communicating with a wide range of clients, customers and staff
• Keeping technical areas clean and tidy
• Ensure that all Workplace Health and Safety regulations are adhered to within the venues facilities and that best industry practice is applied.
• Operate any equipment under venue and safety guidelines
• Other duties as required and directed by the Technical Services Manager. Technical Coordinator and/or Technician on Duty.
• Minimum 2 years relevant experience in a similar role in a performing arts cultural venue
• Methodical and effective approach to problem-solving technical issues that arise
• Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team, and also unsupervised
HOW TO APPLY
The Position Description, including essential selection criteria along with details of how to apply can be downloaded from https://www.cityrecitalhall.com/contact-us/employment
Applications close 5pm, Tuesday 19 July 2016