Casual Theatre Technicians
Name: Simon Koenig
Location: Chatswood, N.S.W.
Century Venues The Concourse is seeking applications from experienced theatre technicians with existing skills and experience in Audio, Lighting, Vision, Rigging / Flying or Stage Management to work at The Concourse theatre complex in Chatswood on Sydney’s North Shore.
The Concourse complex opened in 2011 and includes a 1,000 seat Concert Hall, 500 seat Theatre, 150 seat experimental space and a 520 square metre function and corporate events venue.
An opportunity exists for an experienced Theatre Technicians to join the technical department of this major performing arts centre. Working within the Technical & Production team your knowledge and experience will form an integral part of The Concourse experience to both clients and patrons.
– Operation of technical aspects of performances and events.
– Liaise with venue hirers, management and other stakeholders
– Completion of show reports and reports to management as required.
– Minimum of 3 years’ operating experience in Audio, Lighting, AV or Stage Management
– A proven ability to work with high end promoters and clients and to meet and exceed their expectations.
– The ability to function as part of a small team providing mutual assistance to other departments and team members.
– A high standard of personal appearance
– The understanding that this is a hands on position and not a 9-5 job, extensive night & weekend work is required
Existing Training & Certification in the following would be beneficial but not essential
– EWP Operation
– Working at Heights
– Test & Tag
– First Aid
This role is a key contributor to event delivery and client satisfaction. It is critical that you are service-oriented, problem solution focused, flexible and professionally mature.
For further information on The Concourse, see www.theconcourse.com.au.
To be considered eligible for this position you MUST respond with the following:
– A cover letter addressing all of the essential criteria
– Your current resume detailing your work history
Please forward your application email@example.com, incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Applications close 20/2/15