Crewing and Logistics Coordinator
Name: Storm Cowle
Phone: 0422 377 504
Location: Scoresby, Victoria
Part of the NEP worldwide network, NEP Live Events is a leading video technology provider for concert touring, festivals, live events, television, and corporate events industries in the Asia Paciﬁc region with divisions in Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, and Auckland.
Comprising of Big Picture Australia/New Zealand and Creative Technology Australia, both leaders in the provision of video production services, NEP Live Events aims to provide our clients with superior technical solutions and unsurpassed quality.
Creative Technology delivers a wide variety of projects, including corporate events, music festivals, concerts, live sports, racing and television productions. To provide the latest in video production technology on a wide variety of projects, we house an impressive and varied inventory of LED Screens, Processors, Video Switchers, Media Servers, Outside Broadcast Trucks, Portable Production Systems and Cameras. We are seeking an experienced Crewing Coordinator to work in our Scoresby office, managing crew requirements on local, state-wide, and national projects. The ideal applicant will have experience in scheduling technical teams and coordinating related administration within the Broadcast industry.
Reporting primarily to the Head of Broadcast Operations and working alongside our account & project managers, you will be responsible for the rostering of crew and allocation of resources across our projects. Duties also include compiling and distributing rosters, call sheets and project documentation including WHS documents. In rostering our crew, you will also coordinate any transport movements on our projects.
This position requires someone who has a keen eye for detail, great communication skills, a pleasant personality, and the ability to provide excellent service daily. Creative Technology values employees who work to improve efficiencies in the business and welcome suggestions you have based on your experience and knowledge.
- Act as a central point of contact between Account Manager/Project Managers and full time and casual technical staff with regards to scheduling crew requirements on projects.
- Sourcing and booking crew Australia wide, including the negotiation of rates, expenses and monitoring working hours and schedules.
- Create, accurately maintain and communicate rosters, travel schedules and call sheets.
- Interpret and filter information provided by the project management team, administration, technical teams, our clients, venue personnel and suppliers.
- Maintain productive relationships with the account/project management team, technical crew and suppliers.
- Develop and maintain relationships with a network of freelance, casual and contractor crew.
- Proactively identify areas of concern, issues and oversights, rectifying or negotiating alternate arrangements with all parties involved.
- Source and recruit technical personnel, including pay negotiation.
- Ensure the personnel rostered are appropriately suited to the tasks required.
- Check and approve timesheets as per the company schedule.
- Assist in the creation and communication of Work Health and Safety procedures.
- HSC or equivalent completed school certificate
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in a Crew and Logistics coordination role.
- Excellent working knowledge of technical events industry WHS regulations and standards.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Exemplary time management skills with the ability to work to strict deadlines, managing multiple tasks and priorities.
- High level of problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook & Word
- Experience using R2, or similar scheduling software a bonus.
Industry based training will be provided to further enhance and develop skills where required.
If you are excited by the prospects this position oﬀers please send your resume and introduction letter to
HR Manager firstname.lastname@example.org