Name: Brett Hawkins
Phone: 02 9316 6771
Location: Botany, NSW
Part of the NEP worldwide network, Big Picture is a leading video technology provider for concert touring, festivals, live events, television and corporate events industries in the Asia Paciﬁc region with divisions in Sydney, Melbourne, Perth and Auckland.
Comprising of Big Picture Australia/New Zealand and Mediatec Asia Paciﬁc, both leaders in the provision of video production services, NEP Live Events aim to provide our clients with superior technical solutions and unsurpassed quality.
Big Picture believes that ﬁrst and foremost the eﬀorts of our people are what contributes to our successes. We oﬀer a range of beneﬁts that assist our team in their professional development and wellbeing, Including:
– Recognition incentives
– Rewards and Beneﬁt programs
– Wellness resources and discounts
– Training platforms and resources
We are seeking an experienced Crewing Coordinator to work in our Botany NSW office, managing crew requirements on local, national and international projects. The ideal applicant will have experience in scheduling technical teams and coordinating related administration within an audio-visual production company.
Reporting primarily to the General Manager and working alongside our account & project managers, you will be responsible for the rostering of crew and allocation of resources across our projects. Duties also include compiling and distributing rosters, call sheets and project documentation including WHS documents. In rostering our crew, you will also coordinate any accreditation and induction requirements for our projects.
This position requires someone who has a keen eye for detail, great communication skills, a pleasant personality and the ability to provide excellent service on a daily basis. Big Picture values employees who work to improve efficiencies in the business and welcome suggestions you have based on your experience and knowledge.
- Act as a central point of contact between Account Manager/Project Managers and full time and casual technical staff with regards to scheduling crew requirements on projects.
- Sourcing and booking crew Australia wide, including the negotiation of rates, expenses and monitoring working hours and schedules.
- Create, accurately maintain and communicate rosters, travel schedules and call sheets.
- Interpret and filter information provided by the project management team, administration, technical teams, our clients, venue personnel and suppliers.
- Maintain productive relationships with the account/project management team, full-time, crew and suppliers.
- Develop and maintain relationships with a network of freelance, casual and contractor crew.
- Proactively identify areas of concern, issues and oversights, rectifying or negotiating alternate arrangements with all parties involved.
- Source and recruit technical personnel, including pay negotiation, and onboarding processes.
- Ensure the personnel rostered are appropriately suited to tasks required.
- Check and approve timesheets as per company schedule.
- Organise venue access, inductions and accreditation.
- Assist in the creation and communication of Work Health and Safety procedures.
- General administrative duties and support the Project Management and Senior Management Teams.
Skills / Qualifications
- HSC or equivalent completed school certificate
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in technical event coordination roles.
- Excellent working knowledge of technical events industry WHS regulations and standards.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Exemplary time management skills with the ability to work to strict deadlines, managing multiple tasks and priorities.
- High level of problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook & Word
- Experience using R2, or similar scheduling software a bonus.
- Confident, diplomatic and considerate communicator.
- Able to remain calm and effective under pressure.
- Willingness to make decisions and take action.
- Ability to gather information and consider the effect of your decisions on the relevant stakeholders.
- Ability to understand multiple perspectives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proactive in looking at ways to continually improve workflow associated with the role, researching new technologies, seeking out efficiencies and contemplating opportunities for professional development.
Industry based training will be provided to further enhance and develop skills where required.
If you are a self-starter and excited by the prospects this position oﬀers please send your resume and introduction letter to firstname.lastname@example.org