Customer Service Engineer (Service Technician)
Name: Michael Lasa
Barco is a global technology leader that that specialises in digital projection and imaging technology, focusing on three core markets: Entertainment, Enterprise, and Healthcare. Globally it employs approx. 3600 employees located across 90 countries. Barco is headquartered in Kortrijk, Belgium, and has its own facilities for Sales & Marketing, Customer Support, R&D and Manufacturing in Europe, North America and Asia-Pacific.
The Customer Service Engineers focus is to act as a liaison between Barco and its partners (Rental/Staging, System Integrator Channel, and Distribution channel where required) and is responsible for addressing customer needs and ensuring they have a highly positive experience in dealing with Barco. The Barco Entertainment, Enterprise & Medical solution portfolios are the primary focus covering end to end solutions and services.
The Customer Service Engineer will be responsible to provide our partners, end users, with service and spare parts related quotations, technical repairs, and technical product information updates. Overall, the Customer Service Engineer will serve as one of the main contact points in the service division of the business. Our focus is 100% on customer satisfaction and we are continually striving for excellence.
- Achieve assigned service KPI’s and targets
- Assist admin with service-related spare parts stock ordering & forecasting
- Technical product repairs and fault finding
- Respond & Follow up on service tickets
- Maintain Service CRM details
- Service Ticket reporting to management highlighting any tickets that require escalation
- Assist Pre-sales/sales to ensure total service solution offering
- Support/coach technical team of our SI Partners, in delivering technical solutions
- Assist Barco sales team with technical demonstrations (in-house, on-site and at trade shows)
- Assist in offering and executing Barco Care service offerings
- The ability to travel and work outside of standard office hours from time to time.
- Responsible for upholding Barco’s Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies
- Close collaboration with regional and global support teams on service-related issues.
- 3+ years minimum experience in a Service Technician role; or within a hands-on workshop environment.
- Technical background with industry experience preferable
- Team Player
- Strong Customer Service focus
- Excellent Communication skills– written & verbal