Electronics Service Technician: Sound Reinforcement, Musical Instrument Repairs
Australis Music is a major distributor of professional audio, musical instruments and accessories brands across Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific Islands. Representing some of the most innovative and trusted brands in the market today, the business is growing and is in need of an experienced electronic service technician to join our team in a new paperless warehouse.
We are looking for an experienced technician with tertiary qualifications in electronics, or equivalent practical experience, with a strong aptitude for service repairs, diagnosis and customer support to join our dynamic team in the Service Department.
Based in our warehouse at Riverwood NSW, this is a full-time role with hours 7:30am-4:00pm Monday to Friday. Onsite parking is available and we are close to public transport.
Job tasks and responsibilities
Our tight knit team requires a flexible person that can operate between the bench doing repairs, technical support via phone and email and dealing with parts enquiries and follow ups.
Needing to sometimes think outside the box, problem solving will be something you enjoy, and learning about technology as it develops through training and ongoing updates.
Skills and experience
Reporting to the Service Manager, the position involves:
- The diagnosis and repair of M.I. and Pro Audio products.
- Assessment of warranty claim applications and products.
- Providing technical support (by phone and/or email) to dealers and customers.
- Carrying out administrative duties as required.
- Maintenance of stock/inventory.
Applicants must demonstrate:
- A strong aptitude and capability in regard to electronic diagnosis and repair
- Highly effective communication and customer service capability
- Capability to work without direct ongoing supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Understanding of practical use and functionality of musical instruments and pro audio equipment
Previous experience in a similar role is essential. All applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
To apply for this exciting opportunity please forward a covering letter and current resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org