Name: Annabel Storey
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Join the Melbourne Recital Centre team.
Events Producer – Full Time; Ongoing
Melbourne Recital Centre 2020 Enterprise Agreement 5.1 + superannuation guarantee.
Melbourne Recital Centre is looking for an Events Producer to provide leadership to the organisation supporting systems, processes, resource allocation and technology required for efficient delivery of events. The role provides operational and strategic support to the Head of Operations as well as daily operational support and leadership to the Event Management team.
The successful candidate will have experience and skills in the following;
- Proven leadership and people management skills, including goal setting, coaching, effective oral and written communication and consultation as well as the ability to manage pressure, ambiguity and change to meet deadlines.
- Proven financial management and budget management skills including event specific budget development and cost control as well as interpretation and implementation of contracts.
- Demonstrated experience working in an event management or technical production role for a performing arts venue, a performing arts sector organisation or in a touring capacity
- A specific knowledge of the presentation of music, including a range of classical and contemporary genres, and its production requirements
- A broad general knowledge across a variety of technical production fields including audio, lighting, projection, audio-visual and staging
- Demonstrated capacity to be highly organised, determine workloads, set priorities, work independently and under pressure in a multi-task environment and complete tasks within specified timeframes
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and use initiative
- Highly developed interpersonal and negotiation skills, as well as high standards of personal presentation and the ability to maintain good working relationships with a wide range of people both internal and external to the organisation
- An ability to build and maintain relationships with people at all levels, forge partnerships and build trust across business areas, functions and organisations. Well-developed written and verbal communication skills including delivery of presentations and preparation of reports
- Knowledge and experience at using IT programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and the ability to become a highly skilled user of the Melbourne Recital Centre’s venue management, CRM & ticketing systems, for which training will be given.
How to Apply:
Please read the position description for more detailed information about the position and key selection criteria.
Please find link for the Position Description here: https://www.melbournerecital.com.au/news/2021/07/events-producer-full-time-ongoing/
Please email a cover letter together with answers to key selection criteria and your resume to Annabel Storey, HR Advisor at email@example.com by Sunday 11pm 1 August 2021