Event Safety Officer
Name: Arts Centre Melbourne
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Event Safety Officer
- Newly created variable time fixed term position until May 2021
- Band 3.2 $79,605.02 base pro rata + super
- Opportunity to utilise your event safety & compliance experience in this supervisory role
About Arts Centre Melbourne
Beneath our iconic Spire, in Hamer Hall and at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl, we showcase the best of Australian and international performing arts.
We’re proudly the home of our flagship Resident Companies – The Australian Ballet, Melbourne Symphony Orchestra, Melbourne Theatre Company and Opera Australia – and a range of presenters who collectively bring our stages and spaces to life.
Together with our own program of performances, events and activities we offer a diversity of audiences a distinctly multidimensional approach to participation, education and entertainment.
We are now focused on Reimagining Arts Centre Melbourne as part of the Victorian Government’s commitment to transforming the Melbourne Arts Precinct into a thriving, connected creative and civic space over the coming years.
For a glimpse into working at Arts Centre Melbourne click here.
About the Team
The Production department sits within the Performing Arts pillar and comprises of a team that delivers production services for ACM across Staging, Lighting, Audio, Broadcast, Wardrobe, Stage Management, and Safety/Training to enable the safe and efficient delivery of events across all of our venues and spaces.
About the Role
The Event Safety Officer provides operational event safety to the Production, Presenter Services and Health, Safety & Environment teams by reviewing and monitoring risk assessments, providing safety compliance advice, conducting inspections and assisting to develop and maintain Production safety related documentation. The position plays an important role in fostering stakeholder relationships and leading the identification and developing solutions for Production risks, including review modifications to work areas, processes, procedures and equipment.
Variable Time Fixed Term, salary $79,605.02 (pro-rata) per annum plus superannuation.
Your Skills and Experience
- Minimum Cert 4 in OHS from a recognised industry organisation, or 12 months industry experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated experience in an health and safety role preferably within a high risk environment
- Oversee the safe delivery of events and performance in line with ACM safety policy and supporting documentation.
- Provide expert advice on health and safety and support to all business units involved with event delivery.
- Review Production Risk Assessments and supplier and contractor safety systems and undertaken compliance monitoring focusing on positive safety outcomes.
- Deliver effective and informative safety inductions, toolbox talks and safety communications to internal and external production teams and presenters.
- Provide reliable and consistent safety advice and guidance to Venue Operations managers, Production Managers and broader Production team to ensure compliance with safety legislation and ACM safety procedures.
For more details please read the position description:
Enjoy Team Member Benefits
As a valued member of our ensemble, you will enjoy a number of fantastic benefits including the opportunity to receive complimentary tickets, food & beverage discounts, discounted commuter benefits and onsite-parking, access to wellbeing activities and learning and development programs!
Please submit your resume together with a cover letter addressing the key criteria by 16 December 2020. Early applications are encouraged as suitable candidates may be invited to attend an interview [or appointed] prior to the closing date.
Employment at Arts Centre Melbourne is conditional upon the satisfactory completion of a National Police Check.
Applications are open to those with full working rights in Australia. Arts Centre Melbourne is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.