Name: Courtney Giles
Thank you for your interest in the position of Fly Supervisor with the Sydney Theatre Company (STC).
The Fly Supervisor is responsible for providing technical expertise and support to STC in a range of world class theatre projects and events. The role will provide staging advice to STC and stakeholders in a range of theatre venues. The role is responsible for delivering on time and within budget by utilising production and organisational resources to plan, implement, and achieve set goals and objectives.
Aside from the information outlined in the job description other relevant details of the position are:
Hours of Work
This position is for an initial two-year fixed term.
This is a full time role. The ordinary hours of work are 38 hours week. However, the nature of working for a theatre company and requirements of this position require a degree of flexibility, and will include overtime work.
The position will be based at our venues, The Wharf & the Roslyn Packer Theatre in Walsh Bay.
Wages and Entitlements
- The wage will be commensurate with a level 6 full-time employee award rate as defined in the STC’s Enterprise Agreement 2020-2022.
- 5 weeks annual leave (pro-rata)
- Complimentary tickets to STC productions (subject to availability)
- 10.5% superannuation. This will change to 11% from July 2021.
In order to make your application for this position, please forward your resume and a cover letter briefly demonstrating how your experience is applicable to this position as outlined in the criteria below. Please note, applications which to not address the selection criteria will not be accepted.
· Experience in automated fly systems in a similar role in a producing theatre company or similar.
· Expert knowledge of staging technology and systems for live performance.
· Highly developed interpersonal and negotiation skills, with strong interpersonal sensitivity.
· Strong entrepreneurial spirit, a self-starter and an ability to lead a technical team.
· A high level of understanding of Work Health and Safety legislation and procedures as related to the theatre and entertainment industries with proven experience of implementing these requirements in a sympathetic manner.
· Thorough understanding of Sydney Theatre Company’s current Theatrical Certified Agreement and how it relates to Live Performance Award.
· Computer skills including database, email and excel
· An appreciation of the art form of theatre, especially in an Australian context.
· Extensive demonstrated experience in specifying, installing, and operating complex automated fly systems ,staging systems including revolves, elevators, tracks, automated, single and double purchase fly systems
For a copy of the complete Job Pack including the full Job Description, please visit our website: https://www.sydneytheatre.com.au/about/careers
Please submit your application including your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 9am Thursday 17th June.
Sydney Theatre Company encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with a disability, mature age workers, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and queer (LGBTQI+) people.
For a full copy of the Sydney Theatre Company’s Cultural Representation Pledge, please visit our website: https://www.sydneytheatre.com.au/about/stc-commitments/cultural-representation-pledge