Head Technician – Staging
Location: Brisbane, QLD
Queensland Performing Arts Centre (QPAC) is one of Australia’s leading centres for live performance. Welcoming over 1.5 million visitors to more than 1200 performances each year, we embrace the best in live performance – the world renowned alongside the emerging, local and new – and connect to the stories and ideas at the heart of each production. Through the warmth and expertise of our staff, we have become a trusted curator, presenter and host; a place to come together to relax, reflect, share stories and celebrate.
An exceptional opportunity currently exists for an experienced and highly motivated professional to join QPAC in the full-time 3-year term role of Head Technician – Staging.
Reporting to the Manager – Staging, this important leadership and administration role will be responsible for supervising and motivating staff to provide hands-on, professional, client focused and cost-efficient services to QPAC venue hirers and internal business units, whilst adhering to QPAC policies and procedures.
To be successful for this position, you will have prior hands-on technical experience in a multi-venue theatre centre, or commercial theatre experience within the performing arts industry or similar. You will also possess:
• Demonstrated experience in supervising, motivating or leading a team in a hands-on team environment.
• Ability to interpret stage designs, technical requirements, and specifications.
• Demonstrated ability to set up, operate and maintain stage equipment, flying and rigging systems in a live theatre environment.
• Demonstrated experience in proving exceptional customer service in a high pressure, cost conscious live theatre environment and a flexible open-minded approach.
• Administrative skills, and a thorough understanding of the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Applicants with a Rigger’s Certificate (or ability to acquire) would be highly regarded.
Please note, the hours of work will be primarily theatre based with some maintenance and office work from time to time. Availability will be required for day, evening and weekend hours and for extended periods to service hirer’s schedules.
At QPAC, ensuring the safety and wellbeing of our people – both staff and visitors – is one of our core values. Please note it is a requirement of working at QPAC to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
HOW TO APPLY
The application pack, including the position description and details on how to apply, can be found at www.qpac.com.au/careers/jobs. For any queries, please contact the People and Safety Unit on (07) 3840 7425.
Applications close at 5:00pm on Monday, 13 June 2022.
The Queensland Performing Arts Centre is an equal opportunity employer.