Hire & Sales Assistant – Pro Audio, Lighting, DJ & AV Equipment
Name: BJ's Sound and Lighing
Location: Gold Coast, QLD
BJ’s Sound & Lighting was established in Brisbane’s Fortitude Valley in 1988. Providing Professional Audio, DJ, Lighting, Video and Security products to the entertainment and hospitality industries. Through its Retail, Hire/Production, and Service/Installation departments, BJ’s services Queensland from Northern NSW to Cairns. In 2013, BJ’s expanded its portfolio opening a hire & sales store in Ashmore; thus allowing them to service the Gold Coast and Northern NSW better.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, hard working, customer service orientated person to join its Gold Coast hire and sales team. The successful applicant will interact with customers in-store, on jobs, on the phone and via email; thus excellent phone manner and people skills are a must. This can be a fast paced job, sometimes requiring working as a team as well as individually.
This role requires an extensive knowledge in Professional Audio, DJ Equipment, Entertainment Lighting and Video Equipment. The ideal candidate needs to be capable of physical work such as loading/unloading vehicles.
A typical day will include:
- Demonstrating equipment for customers in store
- Answering customer inquiries on the phone and via email
- Quoting items for hire and or purchase
- Retail point of sales including cash handling
- Booking in, prepping, sending out and returning customer hires
- Delivering, Setting Up, Packing up and or Picking up hire equipment from clients
- General maintenance & compliance of hire equipment
- Receiving and dispatching stock
- Receiving and booking in service call requests for the installation/service department
- Receiving and booking in customer repairs
Requirements and Experience
The ideal applicant will be/have:
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written with excellent customer service
- A Manual Drivers Licence (preferably open) with a good driving history, and the ability to drive a van
- Fit and healthy and be over the age of 18
- Experience with Pro Audio, DJ equipment (You do not have to be a DJ), Lighting & DMX Systems as well as Video equipment with the ability to setup a small PA system, DJ gear and lighting equipment
- Experience in a Retail or Hire environment is preferred but not necessary.
Hours of work and Location
- The successful applicant will be working 38-40 hours a week (with more hours in our peak season) and must be available to work Saturdays.
- The position will be based at our Ashmore store during normal business hours (0900-1730 Mon-Friday, and 0900-1500 Sat) with occasional after hours over time.
- Note: Time off during our peak season (September-January) is very limited.
Remuneration is based on award rates (MA000004: General Retail Industry Award 2010).
Sales bonus paid on your retail sales.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please submit a cover letter outlining your suitability to the role, relevant industry experience and your CV, with at least two industry references.
Please do not call the store. All applications will be considered until the position has been filled.
APPLY HERE: https://www.seek.com.au/job/50612983