IT and Pipeline Systems Administrator
Name: Kristen Duncan
Location: Sydney, NSW
The Electric Canvas is looking for a motivated individual to join our Sydney team to support our Admin, Creative and Technical departments with the day-to-day management and upkeep of the various computer and networking systems we rely upon to deliver our projects.
If you are looking for an interesting new role working within a great team creating amazing large-scale projections across a broad range of public events, this could be for you. The role requires a can-do attitude, strong work ethic and a commitment to quality and detail. This role is currently covered by a number of our technicians but the time has come to consolidate these responsibilities into a single role based at our Chatswood office.
Responsibilities of the role.
- The maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of media servers, computer systems, network servers, render farm and virtualization
- Assembly and commissioning of new computer hardware
- Daily backup operations company wide
- Monitoring of remote systems
- Software and Firmware Updates and Version Maintenance
- Proactive approach to future planning and upgrades – both in hardware and software
- Day to day assistance with multimedia workflows including network rendering
Desirable Knowledge and Experience:
- Pfsense and RouterOS
- QNAP NAS systems
- Experience in managing high-capacity backup systems
- VPN, remote access, working from home environments
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking
- Hyper-V or other virtualization platforms
- Google Workspace
- Both Windows and macOS systems
- Building and maintaining high performance computers
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Attention to detail
- Passion for new technology and open to learning new skills
- Good organisational skills and a team orientated approach
- Ability to work under pressure
- Current drivers’ license
Applicants with all levels of experience will be considered as on the job training will be provided for any new areas of expertise.
Sound like you? Please get in touch with us today by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org