Lighting Applications Engineer
Location: Sydney, NSW
About the Company
Jands Pty Ltd is one of Australia’s largest distributors and manufacturers of professional audio, lighting and staging products, with an impressive portfolio of quality international and local brands.
The Technical Systems team is looking for an experienced Lighting Applications Engineer to join the team in either Sydney or Melbourne.
Reporting to the Technical Systems Manager, the Lighting Applications Engineer shall provide pre and post-sale technical and applications support for Jands Pty Ltd sales/business development and marketing activities.
Job tasks and responsibilities
Key duties and responsibilities of the Lighting Applications Engineer include (but are not limited to):
- providing technical and application support to consultants and end users in a professional and timely manner;
- preparing quotation and tender documents;
- ensuring all activities, opportunities, contacts and details are accurately recorded and maintained in the Company’s CRM system (Salesforce);
- being responsible for delivering, conducting and coordinating product training and demonstrations for internal and external stakeholders; and,
- maintaining professional and technical knowledge of the Jands distributed product range by attending training sessions, reviewing supplier websites, establishing personal networks and reading industry publications.
Skills and experience
To be considered for this position applicants must meet the essential criteria listed below.
- Minimum 5 years broad industry experience, preferably including experience in leading performing arts venue(s), production companies and/or pro-lighting contractors.
- Broad experience in the design, quotation and troubleshooting of professional lighting systems in applications such as theatres, live production, contracting, etc.
- Demonstrated ability and experience preparing and conducting training for stakeholders on technical content.
- Proven experience working with modern CRM systems (Salesforce preferred).
- Excellent interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to negotiate and communicate (in writing and verbally) with all levels of stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Current and valid Australian drivers licence.
Applicants should note intra/interstate travel will be required on a regular basis.
APPLY HERE: https://www.seek.com.au/job/53056608