Lighting Control Technician – Trainee
Subscribe to CX E-News
Location: Bella Vista, Sydney NSW
Up to $105,000 pa package
Lighting Control System Technician
Control Freq is a leader in the diagnosis, repair, service and maintenance of lighting control systems. We specialize in custom designed lighting controls for office fit-outs, themed restaurants, industrial applications and luxury homes.
We specialize in C-Bus, Dynalite, KNX and DALI lighting controls, amongst others.
Our passion is to solve lighting control system challenges for our customers.
The Ideal Candidate
If you crave variety in your day to day work and being challenged under pressure, using your electrical experience and fault finding skills, then look no further.
The ideal candidate will likely have experience as a field service technician with a proven track record in fault finding skills, now looking to specialize. Although specific industry experience is not essential, exposure and familiarity to environments that demand attention to detail, critical thinking and practical problem solving would be highly advantageous.
We encourage applications from photocopier service technicians and appliance service electricians, given these people are familiar with technical fault finding.
Key Responsibilities Of The Role
We’re after someone who loves to solve problems for customers, loves working with tools and has a long game approach to career development.
The role and responsibilities of the position include:
- Field servicing of C-Bus, Dynalite and other systems
- Fault-finding, diagnosis and rectification of lighting control system issues
- Opportunity to learn advanced programming for C-Bus, Dynalite and other control systems
- Installation of Security, Intercom, Access Control and Data network systems
- Climbing up ladders to install cameras, pull cables, get into ceiling spaces or under floor areas
- Working in the office and on site
- Create, update and maintain project documentation using Microsoft Word, Excel and Visio
- Travel to various sites around Sydney and outside of Sydney, on different projects
- As we are involved in projects, site work may include working outside of normal business hours to meet deadlines or to accommodate the restrictions of client businesses (clock-watchers need not apply).
Essential Skills and Attributes
The ideal team member we’re looking for must have the following minimum basic skills and attributes:
- The right to work in Australia (Australian citizens and Permanent Resident status only need apply)
- Excellent communication skills , both written, verbal (and non-verbal).
- Tidy appearance and high standards of personal hygiene
- Respectful, honest, punctual, diligent, conscientious and have high levels of integrity
- Current valid NSW driver’s licence with own vehicle.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to work on site, with tools and enjoys getting their hands dirty
- Enjoy working in the office, on a computer, designing, programming or making/taking telephone calls
- Able to perform in stressful situations while trying to solve problems and find solutions for our clients
- Prepared to go beyond the call of duty to deliver the best quality solution for the customer
- Understand that the customer is their primary focus, and it’s their job to ensure that their work not only meets expectations, but far exceeds it
- Wants to be the best version of themselves
Favourable consideration will be given to those applicants who also have:
- Electrical contracting license
- Open Cabling License holder (endorsements will be highly regarded)
- White card holder
- Proven experience installing security or other Extra Low Voltage equipment
- Experience working on Australian construction sites
- Experience in fault finding referencing schematics and drawings.
- A passion for providing high level technical support and customer service.
- Experience using MS Office with particular emphasis on WORD, EXCEL and VISIO.
- Has own basic tools such as power tools, screwdriver set, pliers, side cutters, steel cap boots etc
- Proven experience in programming systems such as C-Bus, Dynalite, RTI, Crestron, Ness M1 amongst others (highly regarded)
- Loves installation and working in a tight knit team
If you’re the one we’re looking for we are ready and willing to train you both on the job and by putting you through relevant training courses after demonstrated commitment and passion for the role.
We need our next team member to live and breathe the following:
- Honesty – tell us how it is regardless of consequence.
- Integrity – do what you say you’re going to do.
- Attention to detail – because it’s the small things that really count
- Critical Thinking – solving challenges as they present, using practical solutions
- Accountability – for your responsibilities
- Passion – for excellence, for technology, for customer satisfaction, for pride of work, for wanting to solve problems, for wanting to continually improve.
- Customer Service – we never bite the hand that feeds us
If the above describes who you are and you see the opportunity this role promises then we invite your application.
We offer a competitive salary, company vehicle, laptop, mobile phone, heaps of job variety and plenty of job satisfaction to the right person depending on qualifications, experience and attitude.
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
Do you have a current Australian driver’s licence?