Subscribe to CX E-News
Name: Rachel Jones
Phone: 0403 673 183
Location: South Wharf
- Join the award-winning technology services team at MCEC
- Opportunity to work for an iconic organisation!
- Full-time, permanent role (CBD based)
Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre (MCEC) is the home of unconventional. At MCEC we do things a little differently. We bring fresh ideas and imagination to every event. We happily turn concepts on their head to make each experience momentous.
Our city is our inspiration, located in the vibrant South Wharf precinct, just a stroll along the Yarra River. Melbourne is on show at MCEC – in architecture and design, food and hospitality, AV technology, Customer Service, location, and views.
About the role
The Lighting Coordinator oversees all operational activities under the lighting scope and is responsible for ensuring that all these activities are delivered to expected levels of quality.
When required, they assist the Specialist in advising sales and planning teams in the design of technical services in the lighting area. The Lighting Coordinator will be required at times to provide cover for the Specialist and take on all or some areas of their responsibility.
The role will be a split of office-based tasks and providing technical expertise on the floor. Floor duties may involve assisting and coordinating crew with setting and operating equipment that is within the remit of the discipline, or other duties as required.
- Provide direction to technicians, service managers and coordinators, in the use and operation of equipment.
- Support the specialist in the implementation and maintenance of systems to ensure we align ourselves with industry-standard practices
- Ensure that all equipment is maintained for show ready state and is compliant with the AMAF schedule
- Produce SWMS and other safety documentation for specialist-related activities
- Contribute to the recruitment and upskilling of technicians in line with MCEC needs in the specialised area
- Assist the Specialist in any areas relating to customers that is required
- Construction Card
- EWP license
- Applicable high risk work license’s
- Extensive experience in lighting
- Proven capability in leading technical teams
- Vectorworks or CAD experience
- Be comfortable working at heights
- MA Lighting GrandMA 2 & 3 control systems from setup, patch, programming and operation
- Network setup ranging from correct IP configuration to VLAN segregation
- Calculating safe power loading
- Basic moving light maintenance and repair
- Availability to work overnight, weekend and long shifts when required
For more information regarding the key accountabilities for this position, please refer to the Position Description (attached).
Working at MCEC
At MCEC, our people are at the heart of who we are and what we do. We create remarkable experiences because we have remarkable individuals and teams.
Our employees are amongst the best in the industry to work with and learn from. We empower them to try new things and stretch their limits, and ours too.
We are diverse, inclusive, and collaborative. We celebrate individuality and embrace all our employees as part of the MCEC team.
Working in a Melbourne icon isn’t the only benefit. We offer 14 weeks paid parental leave; flexible work options; purchased leave; employee discounts at onsite restaurants, cafes, and parking; career progression opportunities and employee wellbeing initiatives.
To apply, please ensure you include a cover letter and CV Applications must be submitted online. Email applications will not be considered.
A National Police Check will be required for the successful candidate.
MCEC is an equal-opportunity employer. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community, and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
Acknowledgement of Country
Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre (MCEC) acknowledges the Traditional Owners of Narrm, the Wurundjeri Woi Wurrung people of the Kulin Nation. We pay our respects to their Elders past and present, and to Elders of all First Nations communities