Name: Sydney Opera House
Location: Sydney, NSW
Job Status: Casual
Salary: Base wage of $27.90 per hour, plus scaled penalty of 14%, 23.3% casual loading and 9.5% superannuation.
Position No: SOH1703
Applications Close: Sunday, 9 May 2021, 11:59pm
Role Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Technical Enquiries: Jobs NSW Helpdesk on 1800 562 679
At the Sydney Opera House you will be surrounded by supportive and hardworking teams who are filled with passion and creativity. You will be inspired to create value in everything you do and will be provided with opportunities to grow and achieve while making a positive contribution to our community.
For more information about the Sydney Opera House please refer to our website.
YOUR NEW ROLE
This position works as part of a team, providing lighting technical services to presenters that meet SOH standards. This position works with clients to support and deliver events and productions, maintaining high quality customer service. The role contributes to the maintenance and security of technical equipment, venues and upholds WHS standards.
Further detailed information about the role and its requirements can be obtained from the role description.
ARE YOU THE ONE?
We are looking for someone with:
- Knowledge and experience (at least 1 year) of working conditions of a live theatre environment or a related industry.
- Demonstrated general technical understanding, skills and experience in lighting and of the requirements of live theatre and the performing arts industry.
- Basic theory and understanding of lighting concepts including:
a. Rigging lights safely
b. Focusing conventional lighting fixtures
- Physical fitness, agility and ability to work at heights.
- Ability and commitment to work on a rotating shift basis.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively within teams and across multiple disciplines to ensure completion of work.
- Good communication skills and well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to abide by Sydney Opera House policies, particularly WHS procedures , including manual handling techniques.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of computer related technology including email, spreadsheet and word-processing programs.
BENEFITS & CULTURE
Being Australia’s premier cultural institution, tourism destination & a celebrated community meeting place, we are commitment to fostering an inclusive and dynamic working environment for all our staff. With values of Safety, Creativity, Excellence, Collaboration & Accountability your professional life is provided with every opportunity to succeed and develop in your chosen profession. Working with the Sydney Opera House gives you access to a great range of benefits including:
- Access to a range of internal and external professional development programs
- Fitness Passport & complimentary wellbeing programs including pilates, yoga, circuit classes, physiotherapy sessions as well as other wellbeing initiatives
- Working for an organisation with a 5 Star Green Star Performance Rating from the Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA)
- Working for an organisation who has committed to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals And many more!
Sydney Opera House welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from diverse cultural backgrounds, people with disability, refugee status and members of the LGBTQIA+ community.
We seek to provide workplace adjustments at all relevant stages of the recruitment process such as interpreters, alternative formats or other access supports. You can specify in the application form if you require any adjustments or please ask us at any stage. If you need to contact us about making workplace adjustments during the recruitment process please send an email to email@example.com or call us on 02 9250 7743.
SOUND LIKE YOU? APPLY!
Applicants are asked to include the following documents with their applications
- Up to date resume of no more than five pages
- Address their suitability in a cover letter of no more than one page
In additional, applicants will be prompted to answer the following two targeted questions in the online application platform.
- Briefly describe 2 shows you have worked on as a member of the lighting crew. For each show, please give an example of a technical problem you encountered and what you did to solve it. What was the outcome for each?
- Good teamwork is important at Sydney Opera House. Tell us about a time you were working as part of a technical team and what some of the challenges were. How did you go about resolving them?
Applicants MUST create a profile and submit their application electronically for this position at https://iworkfor.nsw.gov.au/. Only applicants who apply online and include the requested documentation will be considered for this position.
To be eligible to apply for this position, applicants must have existing Australian work rights.
Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory National Police Check and Pre-Employment Health Assessment . The assessment seeks information only relevant to performing the inherent requirements of the job, it remains strictly confidential and applicants will be informed of the result.
Applications will not be accepted from recruitment agencies.