Lighting & Technical Manager
Subscribe to CX E-News
Name: Jasmine Davidson
Location: Mascot, NSW
Chas Clarkson is the National market leader in seasonal event design and illumination and requires an experienced, organised and enthusiastic Lighting & Technical Manager to join their team.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity working with high-end clients nationally, this role offers a great environment, variety and good future prospects.
The position is based in the Sydney head office and is full time with an immediate start.
If you are successful, you will be part of an established company that celebrates over 129 years in service this year. Australian owned and operated, we have earned an outstanding reputation for quality, and leading-edge design. Consequently we have a clientele comprising Australia’s premier Shopping Centre’s, Councils, Hotels, Casino’s and Airports and are currently experiencing a strong growth phase.
Your overall responsibility will be to Manage the Lighting and Technical department to ensure all projects are delivered beyond the expectations of our client’s, meet safety guidelines, and achieve budget and timeline parameters.
1. Lighting & Technical design for all relevant projects working closely with the Creative team to deliver the Creative vision.
2. The creation of lighting designs & electrical diagrams, instructions plus power load documentation for all relevant supply and installation projects.
3. Attend site visits as requested to provide advice on Illumination and Technical projects
4. Manage department inventory ensuring equipment is thoroughly prepared and tested for future projects. Manage stock take, hire database, and promote hire of product throughout the year.
5. Product Research & Development, pushing new boundaries in Illumination, Technical and interactivity.
6. Estimation of project production costs within Chas quoting system with assistance from Production Coordinators.
7. Create & Coordinate new Lighting and Technical work orders, consisting of job & resource requirements, purchasing requisition etc. once projects have been approved.
8. Quality control and ensure all production meets Australian standards, minimising Company risk/exposure by adopting best practice techniques in all illumination and technical projects.
9. Maintain an exacting Production schedule for approved projects – Ensuring production projects run within budget and timelines.
10. Manage installation projects, assist in team recruitment and scheduling of technical crew.
11. Supervise Casual Lighting & Technical Production team members and manage KPI’s
12. Manage team development and companywide training for Illumination and Technical procedures
13. Develop and implement procedures to improve efficiency, quality, and safety.
Candidate Requirements & Core Competencies
To succeed in the role, the following personal attributes are essential:
Excellent level of Lighting and Technical experience in the lighting / events industry with a superior knowledge of production for temporary installations in public spaces.
Highly organized with excellent planning skills.
Lighting Design skills and attention to detail.
Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
A high level of Supervisory experience in overseeing a team of diverse skills and experience.
Leadership qualities – Confidence in leading, motivating and inspiring the crew and contractors throughout the various stages of projects
A high level of AV Production experience
Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to form quality business relationships and relate well at all levels of the delivery.
Flexible with regard to work hours during our peak installation season (October – January)
Ability to travel for interstate projects and potentially overseas for research and development purposes
Looking for long term career and fit within a high performing culture
To succeed in the role, the following personal attributes are desirable and highly regarded:
High Risk Work license (Work platform) – Over 11m
Elevated Work Platform License – Under 11m
Familiar with light programming software and consoles
Familiar with lighting design program
Familiar with Pixel mapping and RGB LED Strip Control
Familiar with safe rigging practices
Electrical trade or Lighting Design Qualification
Appliance Test & Tag Certification
Current Driver’s License