Name: Courtney Giles
Thank you for your interest in the Lighting Technician position with the Sydney Theatre Company.
The Lighting Technician is responsible for providing advice and support to the Sydney Theatre Company across a range of theatrical productions, during the production, run and post-production periods. The role will provide lighting support to The Sydney Theatre Company and its stakeholders across a range of venues. The role will be required to undertake lighting floor plots, operate follow spots or operate lighting consoles during the run period of productions. The role provides support for the on-going maintenance of the lighting department requirements.
Hours of Work
This position is for an initial two-year fixed term.
The ordinary hours of work are 38 hours week. However, the nature of working for a theatre company and requirements of this position require a degree of flexibility, and will include overtime work.
The position will be based at our venues, The Wharf & the Roslyn Packer Theatre in Walsh Bay.
Wages and Entitlements
- The wage will be commensurate with award rates in STC’s Enterprise Agreement 2020-2022.
- 5 weeks annual leave (pro-rata)
- Complimentary tickets to STC productions (subject to availability)
- 10.5% superannuation
In order to make your application for this position, please forward your resume and a cover letter briefly demonstrating how your experience is applicable to this position as outlined in the criteria below. Please note, applications which to not address the selection criteria in a cover letter will not be accepted.
- Experience in Lighting in a similar role in a theatre context.
- Intermediate knowledge of the ETC Eos lighting control platform with the ability to program and operate.
- Good knowledge of Lighting technology and systems for live performance.
- Ability and willingness to work safely at heights.
- Ability to maintain a high level of customer service.
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit, a self-starter and an ability to work as part of a team.
- A high level of understanding of Work Health and Safety legislation and procedures as related to the theatre and entertainment industries.
- Strong computer skills with previous experience in CAD and inventory management applications desirable.
- An appreciation of the art form of theatre, especially in an Australian context.
For a copy of the complete Job Pack, please visit our website: https://www.sydneytheatre.com.au/about/careers
In order to make your application for this position, please forward your resume and a cover letter briefly demonstrating relevant experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am Monday 26th October 2020
* Must be Australian resident or hold current, appropriate working visa
Sydney Theatre Company encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with a disability, mature age workers, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and queer (LGBTI+) people.