Live Production and Services Trainee
Name: Rockhampton Council
Phone: (07) 4936 8352
Location: Rockhampton. QLD
- Fixed Term Full Time
- Monday to Friday, 76 hours per fortnight, 9 day fortnight
- Order – Apprentices and Trainees Wages and Conditions
- Location – Rockhampton
Your new role
Do you have a passion for, and desire to learn, the technical skills of audio, audio visual, lighting and staging? This exciting trainee positon will see a motivated individual complete a Certificate III in Live Production and Services, which has a 12 month nominal study term, while learning under the guidance of Council’s trained professionals.
This is a great opportunity to learn and grow as you assist with the provision of basic technical and production services to venue hirers and clients. You will also assist with the maintenance of audio, audio visual, lighting and staging equipment. If you have a passion for live production this is the position for you!
This position requires the completion of a satisfactory Criminal History Check – Police Certificate (Australia Wide Name Only Police Check).
What we are looking for
- An interest in the technical production industry
- Ability to work in a fast paced, outcome driven team environment
- Positive attitude to safety with a high level of observational skills
- A desire to provide a quality customer service experience
- Enthusiastic and motivated individual who is able to use initiative
What you’ll get in return
As an employee of Rockhampton Regional Council, you will join a diverse and innovative team of more than 900 employees supported by good leadership, who proudly deliver services and make a difference to the lives of people living and working within the region.
- Supportive working environment with on the job mentoring
- A large employer with a strong values driven culture
- Supportive Work/Life Balance
- A generous superannuation scheme – Up to 18% superannuation (conditions apply)
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Wages paid fortnightly
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Passport and active social clubs
What you need to do next
To apply for this opportunity, please submit two documents:
- A 1-2 page Cover Letter addressing the Position Requirements below;
- Your Current resume.
- A genuine interest in and/or skills in the operation of technical equipment, including the areas of audio, audio visual, lighting and staging.
- Written and verbal communication skills with a focus on quality customer service.
- Work within a team environment and the ability to display initiative in the workplace.
Please use Council’s cover letter template and ensure you clearly label each Position Requirement in your cover letter.
Applications Close: Monday 31 August 2020 at Midnight (AEST)