Name: Arts Centre Melbourne
Location: Melbourne, VIC
- Passionately lead, motivate and inspire a high performing team
- Exciting opportunity working under Melbourne’s iconic spire
- Full time, ongoing position
About Arts Centre Melbourne
Beneath our iconic Spire, in Hamer Hall and at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl, we showcase the best of Australian and international performing arts.
We’re proudly the home of our flagship Resident Companies – The Australian Ballet, Melbourne Symphony Orchestra, Melbourne Theatre Company and Opera Australia – and a range of presenters who collectively bring our stages and spaces to life.
Together with our own program of performances, events and activities we offer a diversity of audiences a distinctly multidimensional approach to participation, education and entertainment.
We are now focused on Reimagining Arts Centre Melbourne as part of the Victorian Government’s commitment to transforming the Melbourne Arts Precinct into a thriving, connected creative and civic space over the coming years.
For a glimpse into working at Arts Centre Melbourne click here.
About the Team
The Production department sits within the Performing Arts pillar and comprises of a team that delivers production services for ACM across Staging, Lighting, Audio, Broadcast, Wardrobe, Stage Management, and Safety/Training to enable the safe and efficient delivery of events across all of our venues and spaces.
About the Role
This role is responsible for providing key leadership focus for the team of technicians, ensuring the safe and effective running of the lighting systems, and all aspects in the planning & delivery of lighting operations for performances across the precinct.
Full-time ongoing, salary $99,557.65 per annum plus superannuation.
Your Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience managing and developing a team within a theatrical and event production lighting environment.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of event production and backstage operations, specifically in:
- computer control systems and current lighting equipment
- creating and delivering theatrical and event lighting designs
- writing clear and concise briefs toward capital works and venue development projects
- Extensive experience in event production planning and delivery within the entertainment industry Experience in development and implementation of business plans with regard to developing the lighting department’s objectives and goals
- Ability to read, create and interpret technical drawings plans and specifications
For more details please read the position description:
Enjoy Team Member Benefits
As a valued member of our ensemble, you will enjoy a number of fantastic benefits including the opportunity to receive complimentary tickets, food & beverage discounts, discounted commuter benefits and onsite-parking, access to wellbeing activities and learning and development programs!
Please submit your resume together with a cover letter addressing the key criteria by 2 May 2021. Early applications are encouraged as suitable candidates may be invited to attend an interview prior to the closing date.
Employment at Arts Centre Melbourne is conditional upon the satisfactory completion of a National Police Check.
Applications are open to those with full working rights in Australia. Arts Centre Melbourne is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.