Who we are
Show Technology was founded on a simple idea: that companies can be successful by putting the customer before everything else.
We distribute the world’s leading lighting brands to theatres, convention centres, schools, clubs, production companies, TV studios, venues, and anywhere else that may need our invaluable experience.
In 2019 we turn 25 and in our quarter-century of existence, we have managed to establish ourselves as leaders in our market. We are an exciting company working with the industry’s experts in our field and our team is united by a shared passion for lighting technology.
Our team holds a wealth of industry technical experience and respect with many of our staff having been with us for over a decade but we need more help as we continue to expand and grow to support our industry. It’s a great place for lighting guys and gals to work if they are tired of being on the road!
Our headquarters are in Sydney and we also have offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth and Auckland. We offer a casual, friendly and secure working environment in a well-established, growing company which still manages to maintain its family-business culture.
Show Technology, it’s a passion not work.
We are seeking a FULL-TIME junior-intermediate level marketing assistant to start ASAP who is a proactive go-getter, with high-energy, inspired to succeed and who plays well with others.
This is a busy, stimulating, and diverse role in a small team covering events, marketing and administration. You will be involved in all aspects of events and marketing.
We conceptualise and execute all campaigns in-house. Reporting to the Marketing Manager and located at our new head office in Silverwater, this full-time role will offer you a broad scope of responsibilities and experience to build upon.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED
The ideal candidate will have an understanding of basic marketing principles with either a tertiary qualification in marketing or at least 2 years’ experience. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- English proficiency with very strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong analytical skills and computer literacy, including Microsoft Office Suite and experience in Adobe Acrobat/Illustrator/Photoshop/Indesign
- Experience with HTML and website content management
- Understanding campaign deadlines and a willingness to achieve results on time and within budget
- Attention to detail – an impeccable eye for detail and proofreading
- Good organization and multi-tasking skills
- The ability to manage your own time effectively
- To be self-motivated and accountable
- A willingness to learn and develop
- A professional demeanor with strong interpersonal skills
* B2B experience is desirable
* Experience in marketing assistant role or similar is beneficial
* Experience in event coordination is a bonus!
* Experience in the entertainment /AV industry hugely advantageous but not essential!
* Sense of humour is a must!
PERKS OF THE JOB
An attractive salary package is on offer commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience, as well as state-of-the-art office facilities, on-site gym, parking and lunchroom perks! If you are a driven and motivated individual looking to kick-start your marketing career in an exciting industry, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with REF: Marketing Assistant.
No agencies, please.
Apologies, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.