Now Hiring: Audio Solutions Department – Consultants and Major Venues Liaison
Name: CMI Music & Audio
Location: Based at Brooklyn Melbourne Office & Warehouse
Audio Solutions Department – Consultants, Major Projects, and Venues
CMI Music & Audio is seeking a highly motivated individual who is passionate about music and audio technology to work with exciting world-class brands in a creative and fast-paced environment with like-minded professionals. We need a technical powerhouse to join our team, ensuring the highest level of representation servicing consultants and major venues, while also overseeing major projects. If you know and are inspired by our brands and want to join a dynamic and fast-growing business, you already fit the first requirement and should keep reading.
About Us: CMI Music & Audio is a sales and marketing company that distributes professional audio, music technology and musical instrument products. Our portfolio represents some of the most highly lauded global audio & music brands available today. Audio brands include JBL Professional, Adamson, Fohhn, AKG, Honeywell, Muller-BBM, Optocore, Tascam and many more.
About the Role: This is a client-facing business development role where you will build relationships with consultants, major venues, and key integrators in becoming their trusted advisor on the CMI product portfolio. Advising them on acoustic and performance systems for theatres, major venues and touring, commercial audio systems for mass transport, education, video conferencing, and all other audio reinforcement infostructure.
You will demonstrate your technical knowledge and commercial understanding by responding to tenders, producing high-level designs, and liaising with technology consultants, to create winning proposals and estimates.
As a nationally recognized company in the audio market, there are great opportunities for expanding your knowledge with brands such as Optocore, Honeywell and Müller-BBM, while continuing to build on the existing market growth with Adamson, JBL, and Fohhn. In this role, there is a focus on seeking and nurturing opportunities, establishing long-standing relationships with both new and existing clients, communicating where there are multiple decision-makers and tender responses, where formal written proposals and presentations are required.
Skills Required: CMI Music & Audio is seeking a full time technically minded individual to be responsible for but not limited to:
- A strong understanding of integrated AV and touring systems is essential to succeed in this role.
- Experience winning projects involving a wide range of audio technologies in commercial and touring environments is essential.
- A background in hands-on AV installation work or touring would also be beneficial.
- Must have a proven track record in a sales or business development role managing multiple decision-makers and driving successful outcomes individually, but also in a team environment.
- Strong abilities and a record of success in writing proposals and tender responses for commercial audio integration projects are required.
- You must be a hunter-type business development manager with the technical knowledge to specify solutions and the customer focus to retain clients in the long term.
- You will not only be technically minded but also self-motivated, well organized, and extremely service orientated to meet customers’ expectations and company objectives.
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and adhere to company values.
- Provide regular feedback to management.
- Keep the company’s CRM up to date including client response and market intelligence.
- Learn and provide product training to ensure functional knowledge of distribution lines and keeping up to date with products, technology and services offered including competitors.
- Assist with system demos, trade shows, events and any setups or coordination in conjunction with the Brand Manager and National Sales Manager requests.
- Attend and complete training programs from manufacturers, industry associations, and companies as required.
- Work to company and client deadlines in accordance with company values.
- Undertake general duties associated with the department’s core peripheral activities or other duties as required or assigned by management.
- Attend trade shows, travel interstate regularly and overseas when required.
- 40 hours per week Monday-Friday, with occasional after-hours work (events, launches etc.).
- Driver’s license a must.
Reporting to: CMI’s National Manager- Audio Solutions Department.
Based at Brooklyn Melbourne office & warehouse facility where you will find a pleasant and flexible working environment.
CMI Music & Audio is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business needs.
All applications with resumes to be sent to email@example.com