Now Hiring: Pro Audio Business Development & Technical Sales QLD
Subscribe to CX E-News
Name: CMI Music & Audio
Location: Based in Queensland
Join our expanding team!
CMI Music & Audio are seeking a passionate and experienced industry professional, to work with exciting top-of-mind Commercial & Performance Audio Brands in a fast-paced environment. We need a dynamic, technical sales professional to join our team, with a focus on delivering service and solutions for our customers and stakeholders. If you know and are inspired by our brands and want to join a fast-growing business, you already fit the first requirement and should keep reading.
About Us: CMI Music & Audio is a sales and marketing company that distributes professional audio products and technology. Our portfolio represents some of the most highly lauded global commercial audio brands in their category available today. These brands include Adamson, AKG, Crown, JBL Professional, Fohhn, Tascam, Soundcraft and many more.
About the Role: We are looking for an energetic and experienced technical sales manager. Ideally, you are an industry professional with experience in performance audio and installation. You are an excellent networker, and you have a can-do attitude. You are a people person and enjoy developing high-quality relationships!
You will service a variety of customers across a range of vertical markets including but not limited to -Integration, Touring & Production, Music Venues/Theatres, School Auditoriums, and places of Worship. You will work closely with Principles, System Technicians, Sound Engineers, AV Consultants, and Integrators in the AV rental and installation markets. Your week will always be interesting as you work closely with the team to achieve your goals and objectives and focus on presenting solutions for your customers.
Your duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to
- Maintain existing and develop new high-quality relationships with Commercial Audio clients in the live-sound, touring, broadcast and installed-sound industries
- Manage your clients, quotations and commercial opportunities in order to build a pipeline of sales and an effective client visit/call cycle
- Work with your audio team colleagues to discover ways in which to meet and exceed your sales targets and KPIs
- Learn and understand the competitive landscape and provide insightful market intelligence
- Develop a strong understanding of CMI’s audio brands and products and be confident in discussing and demonstrating such products and in designing total audio solutions
- Attend and participate in company and client training sessions in order to increase understanding of the latest products, technologies and services
- Facilitate a variety of online and in-person client interfacing activities including product launch events, demonstrations, trade shows, training and contract negotiation
- Provide a level of technical knowledge and support where appropriate
- Work experience in a technical business development role supporting the live-sound, touring, broadcast, installed-sound or other relevant industries
- A proven ability to deliver on commitments and exceed targets and KPIs
- Available 40 hours per week Monday-Friday, but you will pick up the phone for all your major clients at any time.
- Occasional regional and interstate and travel
- Timely in delivery of all stakeholder reporting, customers quote, and responses in accordance with the company’s guidelines.
- 3 (+) years’ work experience in a Technical Business Development role across Performance Audio, Integration, Touring and Theatre/Venues or any other relevant experience.
- A proven ability to deliver on commitments and achieve targets and KPIs
- Sound Microsoft Office Suite applications & CRM experience, + report writing and sales administration.
- Experience with writing sales quotations and general customer-facing correspondence.
- Good understanding of audio workflows and the relevant technology. Ideally some system design and demonstration experience.
- Well organised, goal and objective focus. Work collaboratively and in a team environment.
A generous salary base with an OTE bonus structure commensurate with qualifications and experience will include an allowance for motor vehicle and associated expenses.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
CMI offers flexible work practices including working from home.
CMI Music & Audio is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business needs.
We thank all applications for their interest, however, only successful candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.