Performing Arts Centre Senior Technician
Name: Chris McLean
Location: Adelaide, SA
Westminster School is a leading coeducational, Early Learning to Year 12, day and boarding Uniting Church school. We aspire to be the best school for an exceptional education, developing individuals of great character to achieve more than they thought possible. We want Westminster to have a world class reputation, renowned for a genuine focus on wellbeing, inspired by our values of kindness, resilience, mindfulness, curiosity, courageousness and inclusivity.
About the Performing Arts Centre Senior Technician
Permanent full time position – 37.5 hours per week
Out of hours work is an expectation due the operational requirements of the School and school productions.
The Michael Murray Centre for Performing Arts provides extensive facilities for music, drama, workshops, seminars and associated events. It contains a concert hall that seats up to 800 and a drama theatre with seating for up to 215.
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced audio and theatre technician, who can perform the technical, administrative and organisational functions and activities associated with the operation and maintenance of the Performing Arts Centre.
This is a “hands on” role and involves extensive planning and co-ordination skills, together with some of the physical tasks associated with setting up and pack up for School and external functions and events.
You will have excellent knowledge and experience in live audio, technical and staging functions for events along with highly developed organisational skills, be capable of supervising casual staff and have a high level of technical capabilities especially in light and sound.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Coordination of the use Performing Arts Centre, including the set-up of all technical and staging functions
- Participate in preparation of budget and monitor the income and expenditure against defined parameters
- Lead all members of the Centre’s team of casual technicians, front-of-house staff and student technical crew members; providing training and supervision as required
- Be an active member of the Venue and Events team, collaborating with the wider team to provide a high quality level of service to the Centre’s users
- Providing exceptional customer service to all users of the Centre and review and improve service delivery mechanisms
Key Selection Criteria: Qualifications, Skills and Experience
To be successful in this position you will possess the following qualities and skills:
- An outstanding customer service focus
- Setup and operation of live audio equipment
- Demonstrated experience in the area of Stage and theatre management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in AV control systems (Extron, Crestron, Q-sys) highly desirable.
- Qualifications such as Diploma of Arts (Technical Production) or equivalent – desirable but not essential.
As events are held at the School over 7 days a week during day and night, you must be willing and able to work a variety of days and hours. The ability to manually lift and move equipment is also a requirement of the role.
A position description is available on our website under Careers – www.westminster.school
For further information about this role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter addressed to Mr Chris McLean, Head of ICT.
Applications close 9am on the 8th of June 2021.
Applications will only be accepted when submitted through Seek.
Westminster, where you can achieve more than you thought possible.