Performing Arts Technician
Name: Koorliny Arts Centre
Location: Rockhampton, QLD
An opportunity has arisen to join a small team contributing to the development and future aspirations of this exciting and successful performance-based entertainment and arts venue. The Koorliny Arts Centre is located in the leafy suburb of Kwinana, close to public transport hubs.
This is a multi-functional role where the employee will participate as part of a closely knit team.
The Venue Technician operates and maintains Koorliny’s technical equipment/technical stock and storage, as well as other basic venue maintenance. The successful applicant will be accountable for all technical equipment and operation within the Venue.
The role also involves the supply of all technical services to internal and external hirers. The Venue Technician is therefore responsible for supplying all technical and event requirements hosted at the Centre.
The position involves support for the administration team in day-to-day operations and will require a high standard of customer service at point of sale and front of house activities.
The requirements for this role are:
- High professional and ethical standards
- Good communication skills
- Proven Technical skills in lighting and sound
- Ability to work cooperatively within a small team towards the benefit and future goals of the Centre.
- Able to remain calm under pressure whilst meeting deadlines and maintaining a positive attitude.
- Provide exemplary customer service.
We will also need to know:
- Details of Education and qualifications (High School certificate is a minimum requirement).
- Details of work history in a theatre environment or similar performing arts field.
- Competency in computer proficiency in MS Office.
- Must be able to prove your right to work and live in Australia.
- This is a highly physical role involving lifting and climbing, with the successful applicant needing to work safely and in compliance with State regulations for workplace safety.
For a full JDF for this role please apply to email@example.com . This is a dedicated mailbox for applications. To maintain confidentiality applicants must not contact the Arts Centre with any enquiries.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS 12 OCT