Pro Audio Business Development & Technical Sales WA/SA
Name: CMI Music & Audio
Location: Perth, WA
Commencement subject to COVID-19 restrictions easing.
CMI Music & Audio is a sales distribution and marketing company with a focus on professional audio equipment, music technology, and musical instruments.
Our portfolio represents the most respected global brands available today, supplying and servicing diverse markets including but not limited to audio production, integration, performance venues, education, and resellers. Our brands include Adamson, AKG, Crown, Fohhn, Honeywell, JBL Professional, Soundcraft and Tascam.
We pride ourselves on being customer focused and deliver excellent service to both our business partners and our international suppliers.
Overview of position: Reporting to the National Manager, Audio Solutions TEAM.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced industry professional with a good technical grasp of professional audio products and markets. You will be directly responsible for managing our business interests in WA and SA. You will be charged with client business development and will partner directly with customers to ensure their long-term success.
You will have experience working with key principles in vertical markets including but not limited to Integration, Touring & Production, Music Venues and Theatres, School Auditoriums, and places of Worship. You will work closely with System Technicians, Sound Engineers, AV Consultants, and Integrators in the AV rental and install markets.
You will also be required to assist CMI in servicing some national resellers that have locations within your territory. Although you will not be directly responsible for sales or purchases you will provide customer service, assistance, and support to the business as the local point of contact.
Your duties and responsibilities will include but are not be limited to:
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Participate with management in the planning of sales growth and annual sales targets within the nominated area of responsibility to increase market presence Deliver the regions monthly, quarterly, and annual sales target.
- Review client history and contacts as a follow up activity, ensuring all relevant details are entered into the company CRM including opportunities and pipeline updates.
- Build an effective call cycle and develop solid relationships with one’s client base ensuring a high level of customer service.
- Negotiate agreements to maximise revenue and meet and exceed all KPIs and Sales Targets.
- Provides regular feedback to management as well as updating the company’s CRM as to client responses and market intelligence.
- Attend training sessions and keeping up to date with the products, technology and services offered by the company as well as our competitors.
- Be responsible for understanding your client’s organisation, products/services and structure and staying aware of clients’ news and changes. establishing personal networks.
- Develop new business with your customers resulting in additional growth opportunities
- Manage and facilitate various sales support activities (i.e. product demonstrations & product launches etc) within the defined territories.
Key Performance Indicators
- Can work in accordance with the companies values and goals
- Meet sales targets by brand and vertical in accordance with the companies’ objectives.
- Provide quotes, work to deadlines in accordance with the company’s requirements
- Maintain excellent relations between the company and the customers
- Work collaboratively with the team to meet the company’s objectives.
- Excellence in communication to customers and the executive management
- 40 hours per week Monday-Friday
- Some occasional interstate and international travels & after-hours work (events, launches etc) Covid-19 restriction dependant
- Microsoft Office Suite applications with CRM experience.
- Driver’s license a must.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of Commercial Performance Audio, Integration, and some retail.
Selection Criteria / Requirements
- 5(+) years proven work experience in a Technology based Business Development role in Product, Sales or Management ideally in performance audio, Integration, Touring and or Theatre markets or any other relevant experience.
- Must Live in Perth or within proximity.
- Travel to SA monthly
A generous salary base with an OTE bonus structure commensurate with qualifications and experience and will include an allowance for Motor Vehicle and associated expenses.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applications for their interest, however, only successful candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Interviews and commencement of this position are subject to COVID-19 restrictions easing.