Product Support Engineer
Subscribe to CX E-News
Name: D2N - Technology Solutions
Location: Pitt Town, Richmond & Hawkesbury NSW
About the Role
If you are a highly motivated and customer-focused individual with experience in the Broadcast, Production or Events business, D2N – Technology Solutions has an opportunity that could be perfect for you!
We seek a Product Support Engineer to support our sales and rental team with the range of audio and communications solutions we deliver. Specifically, this role will focus on Wired and Wireless Production Intercom, Two Way Radio, and Broadcast Audio, including SMPTE 2110, AES3, AES67, Dante, and MADI.
This will include service support, equipment demonstrations or proof of concept work, project design and implementation, and tender responses. The work is quite varied, with many customers and applications across our business.
Our ideal candidate will have in-depth knowledge of Riedel, Clear Com, GreenGO, Calrec, Shure, Sennheiser, Hytera, Kenwood, Motorola, and Tait. You must be comfortable with the time-sensitive expectation of our customers and the products we deliver. Liaison with manufacturers will be key to this role.
You will be very well organised with a can-do attitude, are self-driven and open-minded about how we engage with our potential customers and partners.
We offer flexible hours, potential for travel, training opportunities and the chance to work with one of Australia’s premier AV and Communications companies.
It should be clear that some of our customers will require 24/7 support for certain products. This responsibility is shared across our team but will be part of the role, especially for our broadcast customers under SLA’s.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Support our existing customer base with product and system support
- Be proactive in researching new technology products to support the business
- Liaise with partners to ensure firmware, feature sets, and product knowledge is current
- Form the first line of support for our broadcast IP products, two-way radio solutions, and production intercom customers.
Minimum Criteria required:
- Ten years experience in the broadcast, production or events industries supporting the technologies mentioned above.
- Formal qualifications in Electronics, IT, and/or Broadcast Engineering.
- A creative, innovative personality that is always thinking outside the box
- Flexible, organised and able to manage timelines efficiently with exceptional project management skills
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent personal presentation and professional attitude
- Specifically, we need someone who understands the brands, the culture and the key players in that space.
About D2N – Technology Solutions
Our technology-driven solutions company provides audio, video, and communications solutions to several industries.
- Broadcast, Live Production and Theatre
- Sporting Teams and Federations
- Pubs, Clubs and Stadiums
- Houses of Worship
- Government, Defence and Education
- Construction, Retail and Shopping Centres
We are a small family-owned business passionate about delivering fit-for-purpose technology solutions to our customers. With offices in Sydney, Cairns and Canberra, we are building the team for our next growth phase.
*Please note our office is located in Pitt Town; please ensure you are comfortable travelling to that location daily – this part is not negotiable*
Every day is different for us; we have some of the best brands in the world to support our business and love engaging with the broader community with technology.
Salary will range between $90-120k based on experience, attitude and qualifications.
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
Do you have customer service experience?
Are you available to travel for this role when required?
Have you completed a qualification in engineering?
How would you rate your English language skills?
Do you have technical writing experience?