Name: Kathrin Beck
About the job
Based in our Port Melbourne office, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Production Manager with a background in live events and an expertise in high-end AV and multi-channel projection systems.
As part of the Production team, you will be responsible for pre-production and operational planning, technical design, commissioning, installation (both onsite and remote), technical support and de-installation of our touring experiences globally.
- Manage multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced environment.
- Work closely alongside the design and creative team to develop designs, floorplans and layouts for our touring experiences, ensuring we provide an outstanding visitor experience.
- Develop detailed production, technical and operational plans and documentation, including; production schedules, technical system designs, schematics, patch sheets, plots, SWMS and risk assessments
- Manage and oversee the installation, configuration and de-installation of AV equipment, including; projector installation, calibration and line-up, cabling, network configuration, programming, projection mapping and geometry, and perform scheduled maintenance.
- Provide remote technical support on a rotating roster
- Contribute to and undertake; R&D, budget scoping and procurement, as well as testing and configuration of technical systems and touring assets.
- Oversee freight and logistics management of GE’s touring assets related to your allocated projects.
- Work with international clients, contractors and local crews on global scale to ensure the smooth installation and operation of your allocated projects
- Travel internationally (pending the lifting of travel restrictions and/or travel exemptions) to install, commission and de-install your allocated projects.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience
- Proven expertise managing, installing and commissioning high-end AV systems, including advanced understanding of networking protocols, projection mapping and edge-blending, multi-channel audio and projection systems, rigging and integrated lighting systems.
- Proven expertise managing production and operational planning of large-scale live events
- Experience managing and overseeing international sea and air freight
- Strong working knowledge of Dataton Watchout, SketchUp, Vectorworks, AutoCAD and Adobe CC
- Exceptional troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, with the ability to perform under pressure.
- Ability to be flexible, manage multiple concurrent projects and work across time-zones within a business experiencing exceptional growth.
- An eye for detail and high personal standard of work, with the ability to take ownership of your allocated projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Grande Experiences specialises in the design, creation and placement of cultural exhibitions for the international touring market. Our track record of over 200 experiences shown in over 160+ cities, in 30+ languages, across 6 continents, and to over 20 million visitors. We have a worldwide reputation for excellence, and always deliver above expectations. Our focus is on subjects with broad appeal, we develop content around the principles of education, entertainment and interactivity. Once complete our exhibitions are licensed to museums, galleries and entertainment promoters throughout the world.
If this is you, we would love to hear from you!