Name: Eloise Grace
Phone: +61 7 4772 2549
Location: Townsville (Gurambilbarra), QLD Australia 4810
- Opportunity to work with one of Australia’s leading performing arts companies.
- Join a collaborative team with a progressive and inclusive ethos.
- Help bring artists and communities together through dance locally, nationally, and internationally.
- Full Time, 2 Year Contract. Salary range $80,000 – $85,000 p.a. plus super.
Dancenorth seeks an experienced, proactive and collegiate person for the position of Production Manager.
As a major champion of the arts in regional North Queensland, Dancenorth Australia balances a dynamic regional presence with a commitment to creating compelling contemporary dance that tours the globe.
Dancenorth is one of Australia’s leading contemporary dance companies having presented work in over 45 International Arts Festivals and venues around Australia and the world and is an integral part of the Australian dance ecology making a significant contribution to the dance sector and building literacy around contemporary dance nationally.
Dancenorth empowers and supports artists by providing a creative hub for many artistic voices including a diverse range of choreographers, guest collaborators, artists in residence and dancers.
Alongside the professional ensemble and touring productions sits an equally vital pillar of focus: Community Experience. Driven by a dedicated team, Dancenorth works with diverse and minority communities across Queensland using dance to support, enhance, inspire and heal – bringing communities together.
About the role
The purpose of this position is to lead all aspects of the Production Department, managing the technical requirements of productions, and undertaking the planning and logistics for touring productions. The Production Manager is ultimately responsible for realising the Artistic Director’s vision to its fullest potential within variable technical and budgetary constraints; providing frank, fearless and timely advice regarding safety, cost and feasibility issues. The role requires a proactive creative problem-solver with highly developed communication skills, who is a collaborative and positive contributor to the Dancenorth team culture.
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of three years relevant industry experience
- Degree in Technical Production or equivalent
- Experience with staff management
- Experience with setting and working to production budgets
- Experience in creating and monitoring schedules
- High-level oral, written, computer and interpersonal communication skills
- A positive outlook and an ambitious approach to production standards
- Ability to plan ahead and manage peak work periods, with strong self-motivation, time-management skills, and demonstrated initiative and resourcefulness
- High standard of attention to detail and following-up on tasks
- Knowledge of arts industry employment conditions / awards
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and at least one Computer Aided Drawing program (eg Vectorworks, AutoCAD)
- Current Open Drivers licence
- Sense of humour and a collegiate approach to working in a team, with excellent communication skills and exceptional problem-solving ability
To apply for this position and for full details, please see the Position Description at www.dancenorth.com.au/careers
Applications close: 11.59 pm AEST Thursday, 16 December 2021