Production & Operations Manager
Subscribe to CX E-News
Name: Kristy Sander
Location: Adelaide, SA
Located on Light Square, Light ADL is a not-for-profit organisation and social enterprise that creates opportunities for artists through the support of its hospitality, events and immersive technologies. As a social enterprise, Light ADL focuses on maintaining the well-being of its people and collaborators. It is a space where creativity, technology and hospitality blend to create breathtaking, innovative experiences whether it be a performance in The Lab, an event in the Light Room – Bar, Gallery, Studio or a meal in our award-winning Aurora Restaurant.
We have an opportunity for an experienced, organised and hands-on full-time Production and Operations Manager to join our team at Light!
Reporting to the CEO you will be responsible for the management of all production requirements for programming and all operations for our functions and events. This includes management of staff, client and artist liaison and overseeing the technical requirements within the building.
The Production and Operations Manager will play a crucial role in the seamless execution of our arts performances and events, combining the artist’s vision with their operational expertise. This unique position requires a candidate with a strong background in both the arts and operations management, capable of blending creative flair with practical management skills to ensure the successful delivery of our performances and functions.
- Collaborate with the creative tech and arts team to understand and support the artistic vision for performances and events.
- Oversee all aspects of production, including set design, lighting, sound, and immersive technologies, ensuring a high-quality and consistent experience for audiences.
- Coordinate with artists, performers, and production staff to ensure a smooth rehearsal and performance process.
Operations and Event Management
- In partnership with the Events Coordinator oversee the planning, coordination, and execution of all events and functions, including scheduling, logistics, and resource allocation.
- Develop and maintain operational budgets, ensuring events are delivered within financial constraints.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant health, safety, and licensing regulations, and manage risk effectively to protect staff, artists, and guests.
- Ensure all technical infrastructure is maintained and operating at the highest possible standard.
Stakeholder Management and Communication
- Foster strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including artists, vendors, and partners, ensuring clear communication and collaboration.
- Using the organisations communication platforms ensure all relevant information is appropriately and efficiently captured as you plan and deliver the wide range of events within the building.
Team Leadership and Development
- Lead and manage a diverse team of creative and operational staff, providing guidance, support, and opportunities for growth.
- Oversee the rostering of the tech team to meet the demands of scheduling and approve the tech team timesheets for payroll on a weekly basis.
- Establish a positive and inclusive working environment that encourages collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Develop and implement systems and processes to streamline operations and improve efficiency.
3+ years experience in a production or operations management role, ideally in the arts or hospitality industry.
A working knowledge of technical production and the performing arts/music sector
Demonstrated experience in leading the production aspects of events including staffing and crews.
Strong problem-solving skills, with an ability to think laterally and creatively.
Advanced IT literacy
Excellent communication skills, with the ability to collaborate.
Ability to plan, prioritise and meet competing deadlines.
Capacity and willingness to work outside of normal business hours as required.
Previous experience working in festivals, events, theatre or venues in a production or operations role.
Previous experience with Audio an advantage
Tertiary qualifications in arts production, technical operations or appropriate industry experience.
At Light ADL culture and well-being are important to us, we offer a friendly, fun environment, staff discounts in our bars, Aurora restaurant and bars, free tickets to performances in The Lab and some flexibility with working hours.
How to apply:
To be a part of the Light ADL team, please email a cover letter outlining why you would be suitable for this role, along with your resume to Kristy Sander, Manager People and Culture firstname.lastname@example.org