Subscribe to CX E-News
Name: Saxon Francis
Phone: 02 9582 0909
About the job
Jands is a leading Australia and New Zealand audio-visual distributor. We have been providing professional audio, video, lighting and staging solutions since 1970. Jands has a portfolio that is filled with some of the world’s leading audio, video, lighting, control, and staging solutions and technologies. Our head office is based in Mascot, Sydney.
About the Role
The Receptionist works at the reception desk at the Jands Mascot office in Sydney as the first point of contact for internal and external calls for Jands and for visitors entering the 40 Kent Road office. The Receptionist will greet visitors, answer and redirect phone calls, and provide administrative assistance while maintaining professional composure throughout interactions with customers, guests and employees.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure policies and procedures of the Company are followed at all times.
- Answering external/internal calls for Jands in a professional and courteous manner and direct enquiries to the relevant person/department.
- Accurately scribing and relaying messages in a professional and timely manner.
- Meet and greet visitors in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ensure the Reception area is kept clean, tidy and secure.
- Visitors’ attendance information is accurate and visitors’ tags and safety information distributed.
- Manage electronic booking system for boardrooms and preparing the rooms against bookings.
- Provide professional, accurate and timely administration services.
- Assist other team members with overflow duties.
- Managing stationery and consumable stocks (printer, copier and facsimile toners).
- Sorting and distributing all incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail on a daily basis.
- Be responsible for the Australia Post reconciliation on a monthly basis.
- Coordinate, book and track couriers as required.
- Undertake general duties associated with the department’s peripheral activities as directed.
At Jands, finding someone with the right capabilities, skills and experience is important. Equally important is finding that individual who adds to our culture and is instrumental in shaping the years ahead at Jands!
Key requirements for this role include:
- Advanced computer and MS Office skills.
- Previous experience in a busy receptionist role, essential.
- Ability to interpret, explain and relay a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Sound problem-solving and analytical skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple departments and strong stakeholder management skills.
- As the ‘go to’ person for our front of house experience, excellent verbal and written skills, a great attitude and ability to build rapport quickly.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and to prioritise tasks and stakeholder requests.
A competitive salary package commensurate with the role, candidate experience, skills and qualifications will be offered.
Apply via seek: https://www.seek.com.au/job/69831127/apply?sol=045a89aa05e7ae10a6f9b0706d9ec4c858789ff7
Apply direct: https://www.jands.com.au/company/careers.html