Sales Assistant – Part Time (QLD)
Name: VFM Group
Our team at VFM Group is growing again! We are seeking a personable & self-motivated sales assistant to join our team! You must be a sincerely fast learner with genuine humour & problem solving skills to be successful in this sales assistant role.
We have a team of seven who actually enjoy their jobs and we are looking for someone with sales experience or experience in the event production industry to join us – are you the right fit?
The sales assistant role is based in our showroom/warehouse in Banyo. You will be chatting to our customers over the phone, in store and via email. You’ll be working alongside our sales manager to provide customers advice and information on products, helping to maintain showroom displays, processing and administration of paperwork between departments, and contributing to office brainstorms for promotional strategies.
Established in 2001, VFM Group is a leading supplier of event production and AV installation equipment in Australia! Our certified range of Titan AV products includes road cases, truss, server racks, TV brackets, and cables, and they are all designed by us right here in Australia.
But our brand encompasses more than just our products. As a family-owned company, we understand good business relationships are based on more than just transactions. They are about building trust and fostering loyalty, integrity, a great level of service and pride in our products. These philosophies are what we live and breathe every day.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
Whilst of course we are looking for someone that fits all the normal buzzwords like honest, reliable, trustworthy, hard worker, team player etc, to be the successful candidate, you will need more than that. Please review the following checklist and have an honest think about whether you are the right person for the job:
- Excellent written + verbal communication skills;
- Self-motivated + enthusiastic;
- Gifted with common sense;
- Solutions-focused + quick problem solving;
- Adaptable with a can-do attitude to help with tasks outside your everyday duties.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office – Excel, PowerPoint, Word & Outlook;
- Tech savvy;
- Previous experience in customer service and sales preferred;
- A passion for Event Production or AV industries. You do not have to have a sales background to be successful at this role, the most important thing is that you fit in to the details listed above! This role is about chatting to people, selling our amazing range of products and providing an overall positive customer experience!
We’ve told you all about what you can do for us – now it’s our turn!
– Genuine long-term growth, we’re looking for someone to train and develop, to help grow with VFM and to be a long term member of the team!
– A fruit bowl in the lunchroom, plus sporadic pies + treats because we like to pretend we’re healthy but we’re also worth spoiling occasionally.
– Management is involved hands-on everyday in the business, in how it is run and collaborating on ideas to grow the business!
– We take pride in what we do, what we sell and how we treat our customers.
– We take our work seriously but not ourselves… watch our video and see for yourself.
WHAT WE ARE:
A small self-managed team of creative individuals, where you’ll be dealing with customer enquiries, creating custom invoices and ensuring a positive customer service experience.
WHAT WE ARE NOT:
We’re not micro managers, we will train you in the important aspects of the role however we encourage you to take that knowledge and run with it on your own.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you genuinely suit the above position, please click here to apply through Seek and attach your resume and cover letter.
Due to the busy nature of our office, please do not call us to discuss the position. Only applicants who are successfully through to interviews will be contacted.
Please note VFM Group prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer! We look forward to meeting with you soon!