Senior Audio/Lighting/Visual Technician
Subscribe to CX E-News
Name: Lisa Martin
Phone: 8375 6855
Location: Marion SA
- Be Heard. Be Seen I The Iconic Marion Cultural Centre
- Diverse Productions Including Fringe Events
- Perm Position I $79,309 Plus Super & Exceptional Benefits
The City of Marion is in Adelaide’s south-western suburbs and is around 10 kilometres from the Adelaide CBD.
As one of the largest councils in South Australia we employ approximately 400 employees throughout our departments and provide a positive customer service experience to our community.
At the City of Marion, we go well beyond a positive customer experience for our community, by allowing all that make their way to the Marion Cultural Centre (MCC) a chance to see all types of quality performances including, theatre, cabaret, comedy, and dance.
The MCC has been internationally recognised for its architecture and includes the fully equipped 280-seat capacity Domain Theatre, metropolitan Adelaide’s premier performing arts space.
The theatre is an intimate performance space with unobstructed viewing for everyone in the audience and hosts up to 60 one off, and longer running events, throughout the year.
There is now an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Sound and Lighting Technician to apply their craft in a small, well-managed team that is taking community productions to the next level.
Reporting to the MCC Team Leader, in this permanent position you will be a critical addition to our customer focussed department and ensure the sound, lighting and visual requirements lead to the successful presentation of quality performances, functions, meetings and/or events.
As our Senior Theatre Technician, you will also support the provision of expert advice to hirers, clients, and internal departments in relation to technical and production services at the Marion Cultural Centre.
As one of our ambassadors for this great venue, you will develop a strong working rapport with our front of house staff and further contribute to non-technical customer service duties in this role.
Overall accountabilities for this enviable position include but are not limited to the following.
- Ensuring lighting and sound operational requirements meets the expectations of every event to maintain our high-quality reputation among all performers.
- Maintaining all technical and stage equipment so that it is in accordance with relevant industry standards, safe work practices and contributes to high quality and contemporary venue requirements. Contribute to renewal plans to ensure equipment is aligned with evolving industry standards and meets our performance needs.
- Assisting the Team Leader with training, supervision and coordination of casual theatre technicians and hirer’s personnel as well as the wonderful volunteers that help make all our productions great.
- Helping out where needed in all aspects of the operation and use of the theatre including administrative duties and providing support with venue hire and ticket sales.
- Contributing to MCC team planning in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders seeking to engage new and increase attendances and income.
We are pleased to receive applications for candidates that have proven technical sound and lighting experience, are customer orientated and also enjoy working directly with the public in overall operations.
Your prior experience may have included being the sound, light, and visual person for a notable music group, or you may have been showcasing your skills with performing arts/theatrical productions.
Your solid experience using sound and light consoles and being up to date with the latest sound and light technology, including vision experience in projection, vision mixers and streaming (e.g., Black Magic Vision Mixer) will be well regarded. Further skills and experience in industry software (e.g., Final Cut Pro, Qlab and relevant Lighting software) along with relevant qualifications will also be favourably viewed.
It is anticipated that working hours will require flexibility with after-hours work required.
This position is a Prescribed position, and the incumbent will be required to undertake relevant (Child/Vulnerable/Aged/Disability) DHS Screen(s) every three years and Child Safe Environment Training required every 3 years.
A First Aid Certificate or a willingness to gain one, and to be one of our Fire Wardens for the theatre is also necessary for this position.
The successful applicant must hold a valid, full (unrestricted) Class C driver’s license in accordance with South Australian requirements.
In this permanent position, the successful candidate can take advantage of a wide range of benefits not easily found with many other employers.
- 19 Day Work Month (1 RDO per month)
- Fortnightly Pay
- Annual Salary Increases
- Working Four Out of Five Years (An employee may seek approval to work 4 years at 80% normal salary and take the 5th year as paid leave).
- Annual Leave Loading
- Annual Leave at Half Pay Option (To extend period of leave)
- Ability to Purchase Annual Leave
- Flexible Parental Leave Entitlements
- Payment of Appropriate Professional Membership Fees
- Highly Affordable Income Protection
- Yearly Corporate Wardrobe Allowance
City of Marion Well-Being Programs
- 24/7 professional, independent, and confidential counselling
- Healthy Lifestyle Programs such as Health assessments, Skin cancer screening; and Body trim programs
- Employee Immunisation Program
- Quit Smoking Program
- Income Protection Program
Exceptional Health Opportunity
- Heavily Discounted Platinum Membership to SA Aquatic & Leisure Centre
- Unlimited access to all pools and favourable fitness times
- Ability to sign-up and partake in 150 different fitness classes.
- Sauna and Steam Room
- Unlimited access to an exceptional gym and modern work-out equipment
- Guidance by an Equipment Trainer
- Creche Access
- Discounts for Family Members
Please refer to www.marion.sa.gov.au/about-council/employment/employment to see more information and a job description about this opportunity.
For further information, please contact: Lisa Martin, Team Leader, Marion Cultural Centre on 8375 6855
NOTE: Applications close COB September 25th, 2023, and must be submitted through this SEEK advertisement only.
The City of Marion encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTQIA+, and people who are culturally and linguistically diverse.