Senior AV (Audio- Visual) Technician
Subscribe to CX E-News
Name: Human Resources
Phone: 07 5594 7947
Location: Arundel, Gold Coast QLD
$70,000 – $90,000 per year
Senior AV (Audio-Visual) Technician
A.B. Paterson College is seeking a Full Time experienced and qualified Senior Audio-Visual Technician to meet the requirements of the College and events. This position will start in early 2024.
The position works with the Technical Manager of A.B Paterson College to support, operate and deliver events and productions; And to maintain, upgrade and upkeep technical equipment across a number of venues at the College; to assist and guide staff, students and clients in the use of technical equipment as required.
Applicants for the role must possess:
- Minimum 5 years industry experience in an audio-visual role with knowledge and experience working in a live theatre environment or entertainment industry related venues.
- A Certificate III, IV or Bachelor in Live Production and Technical Services or equivalent is preferred.
- EWP (Elevated Work Platform) or High Risk Work License (WP) (preferred)
- High Risk Work License – Intermediate Rigging (preferred)
- Test and tag license (preferred)
- Open manual driving license (preferred)
- Demonstrated technical understanding, skills and operation experience in sound, lighting, vision, rigging and staging technical services in the live theatre, performing arts and entertainment industry.
- Ability to repair, test and troubleshoot cabling and equipment and experience in installations of audio visual infrastructure to assist the daily operation at the College
- Physical fitness, agility and ability to work at heights and lift heavy items.
- Ability and commitment to work occasional night and weekends shifts as required.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and cooperatively within teams and across multi disciplines to ensure completion of work to strict deadlines for the outcome of events.
- Good communication skills and well-developed interpersonal skills.
Refer to below link for further information on the Position Description:
Applicants must hold a current Blue Card.
Closing Date for applications: 10 November 2023
Submit your application via SEEK and please include:
- A current resume with the contact details of at least 2 professional referees (at least one reference provided will need to be from a Senior Management Team member); and
- A cover letter outlining your suitability for this role
A.B. Paterson College reserves the right to appoint at any time throughout the process and to approach potential candidates.
Seek Link: https://www.seek.com.au/job/71054277/apply
Direct Link: https://www.abpat.qld.edu.au/our-staff/employment-opportunities