Senior Production Officer
Subscribe to CX E-News
Name: Josh Aiello
Phone: 0436 346 205
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Support the delivery of technical services across Kingston Arts’ venues
Excellent employee benefits
Full time permanent position
- Band 5, $74,820 – $86,168 per annum, plus superannuation
Department Mission Statement
The Arts, Events and Libraries Department at the City of Kingston is focused on the delivery of industry leading contemporary programs, activities and events. Through innovation and continuous improvement, the department strives to provide high quality learning, recreational, social and cultural outcomes for our community.
Kingston Council’s collective focus is on delivering exceptional service that achieves our vision and meets community expectations.
A diverse, dynamic community where we all share a sustainable, safe, attractive environment and a thriving economy. The City of Kingston is south-east of Melbourne and is approximately 20km from Melbourne’s CBD. We employ over 1,450 people in a diverse range of roles including engineering, customer service, administration, finance, family, youth and children’s services, sport and recreation, health, parks and gardens, planning, arts and management.
The Senior Production Officer will support the coordination and delivery of events safely and efficiently to the highest standard, resulting in polished, professional events for internal, commercial and community clients.
We are seeking a Senior Production Officer to join the Kingston Arts team. Reporting to the Coordinator Production, your role is to:
- Support the delivery of performances and events to meet the technical needs of clients to the Kingston Arts venues
- Actively engage with a diverse range of clients, staff, stakeholders, and the community to ensure their views inform the planning, implementation and delivery of programs and events and ensure clients’ needs are fully met.
- Ensure that all relevant OHS regulations are adhered by the Production team and that best industry practice is applied appropriately.
You will have:
- Formal qualifications in Production or Technical Operations, or other relevant discipline, or substantial relevant experience (minimum three years).
- Demonstrated technical experience working in the performing arts sector, specifically as a technician in a live performance, arts centre or theatre environment.
- Proven experience managing OHS and Risk in a production, technical and/or event management environments.
- Experience in successfully delivering customer service and managing event requests to achieve the best outcome for all stakeholders.
- Ability to demonstrate the City of Kingston’s values of Future Orientated, Accountable, Dynamic, Expert, Community and Celebration
What we can offer
This is a full-time permanent position.
As an employee of the City of Kingston you will be part of an inclusive culture and have access to ongoing professional development and a range of employee benefits designed to promote a positive work/life balance including flexible working arrangements, wellbeing initiatives, discounted gym membership, social club events, paid parental leave, salary packaging, study/development assistance, employee assistance program(EAP) and discounted health insurance. Full time employees also have access to a planned day off every four weeks.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to respond to the selection criteria within their cover letter. If you require further information after reviewing the position description available to download below, please contact Josh Aiello, Coordinator Production on 0436 346 205 or email@example.com.
Kingston values diversity and is committed to creating a workplace where all employees can be their true self every day. We are a child safe and an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage candidates from wide-ranging backgrounds, identities and experiences to apply.
To be considered for the role all applications must be submitted via our Careers recruitment portal.